9/18 Sox@Twins

Buehrle>Wood

57 minutes ago, fathom said:

Collins is a disaster back there

Let me expound on what I said earlier. Collins has caught the whole game yes ? He has caught 7 different pitchers this game. Now 8 with Colome in. Yet the Twins have 3 hits and thats with the Sox pitchers who are not that good. I do not see how that is any kind of disaster.

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

Unnecessary role reversal.

Surprised you guys are letting greg be the loudest voice in support of Collins on here. I'm anti tank but I want one of the key pieces to play. The eye test of greg says me likey Zack Collins! I'd think I'd have some support on here from the rebuild people.

• Like 1

I'd give Collins a look next year, but they better have a decent backup plan. They need another catcher just in case he sucks. 

I would absolutely not give him time at DH or 1B on a regular basis until he proves he can hit at least .240. Only to spell Abreu or whomever. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Zack just said on postgame to Stoney he had the jitters his first go-round in the majors and now he's feeling great, no jitters. Folks, he's a human being. It's tough the first go-round in the bigs. I'll shut up soon but for a team that's rebuilding, there's no reason to not play Zack next year in his age 25 season for gosh sakes!! The guy is gonna be 25 next year meaning in baseball years he's got about five years left before age-ism sets in.

PLAY ZACK!

OK I'll stop before I get in trouble but you all must remember how I felt bout Zack when he busts loose.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Surprised you guys are letting greg be the loudest voice in support of Collins on here. I'm anti tank but I want one of the key pieces to play. The eye test of greg says me likey Zack Collins! I'd think I'd have some support on here from the rebuild people.

I want him up next year as well...just not as primary catcher.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Zack just said on postgame to Stoney he had the jitters his first go-round in the majors and now he's feeling great, no jitters. Folks, he's a human being. It's tough the first go-round in the bigs. I'll shut up soon but for a team that's rebuilding, there's no reason to not play Zack next year in his age 25 season for gosh sakes!! The guy is gonna be 25 next year meaning in baseball years he's got about five years left before age-ism sets in.

PLAY ZACK!

OK I'll stop before I get in trouble but you all must remember how I felt bout Zack when he busts loose.

He’s showing signs of settling in. He has a 1.171 OPS over his last 4 games. Trending in the right direction.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I'm liking Engel more every day.  Leury has his pluses as you point out but his brain farts get old.

Engel is starting to hit enough to be a good 4th OF. 

Leury can play all 3 OF positions and 2B/SS. He eliminates the need for Yolmer. I don't mind bringing Yolmer back because if they need to they can just salary dump him on a rebuilding team with a hole at 2B. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

45 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

That's Mendick's role.

No reason you can't have Mendick, Leury and Engel on one team. Unless you want to have more of a bat first back up to hit against tough lefties late in games (example: as someone said earlier, Kendrick).

Edited by soxfan2014