8-17 GT: Tigers at Sox

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Wow I literally said the same thing

It's maddening to see him committed 100% to first pitch. I know he's capable of identifying good and bad pitches - I've watched him spit on enough sliders in a 2 strike count already to know he identifies. He just thinks he can hit anything and everything and commits to swing regardless of location. He'll get embarrassed enough to change

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It's maddening to see him committed 100% to first pitch. I know he's capable of identifying good and bat pitches - I've watched him spit on enough sliders in a tight count already to know he identifies. He just thinks he can hit anything and everything and commits to swing regardless of location.

Yeah it's annoying. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It's maddening to see him committed 100% to first pitch. I know he's capable of identifying good and bad pitches - I've watched him spit on enough sliders in a 2 strike count already to know he identifies. He just thinks he can hit anything and everything and commits to swing regardless of location. He'll get embarrassed enough to change

I watched a ton of his games last year. Obviously he was amazing, but he gave away a lot of at bats with first pitch weak pop ups to the right side or three pitch strikeouts.   Pitchers weren’t good enough to take advantage of that in the minors.

Just now, fathom said:

I watched a ton of his games last year. Obviously he was amazing, but he gave away a lot of at bats with first pitch weak pop ups to the right side or three pitch strikeouts.   Pitchers weren’t good enough to take advantage of that in the minors.

Yeah, and I've said it before but he had no reason to change. He was embarrassing guys because guys would make enough mistakes every single game for him to dominate. 

I actually take it as a good thing because I never thought his plate discipline was because he was incapable of identifying pitches, or because he hated walking. He just could crush the ball being that aggressive so why change. I think at this level he's being embarrassed quite often in at bats and that embarrassment will lead to a change in his approach. We've literally already seen it game to game.

11 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He's so strong and has such blazing bat speed that he's just scratching the surface of his potential now.