9.1.20 GT | Sox @ Twins | 7:10PM CT

Tnetennba

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

lol wut? Yolmer will be able to string together a 10 year career thanks to his glove. Most utility infielders are terrible hitters.

he's not a big leaguer, which is why he was DFA.  sox weren't exactly first on the waiver...

Edited by chitownsportsfan

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

Why does the first part matter at all? He was on a bad time while also playing bad baseball. 

he was bad because he was asked to do something he shouldn't be asked to do; start.

just as an FYI, Gordon Beckham is in his 10th year in the league. He can't hit. He is a utility guy who is solid everywhere and is only kind of bad as a hitter.

Yolmer is an elite defender. He has accumulated 4.6 WAR in 2438 AB's. It is not good, but it is 100% a MLB player

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

he was bad because he was asked to do something he shouldn't be asked to do.

just as an FYI, Gordon Beckham is in his 10th year in the league. He can't hit. He is a utility guy who is solid everywhere and is only kind of bad as a hitter.

Yolmer is an elite defender. He has accumulated 4.6 WAR in 2438 AB's. It is not good, but it is 100% a MLB player

I didn't say he isn't a MLB player. But I'd rather him be on someone elses team. I've suffered enough watching him play. 

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

yolmer's true talent has clearly fallen to replacement level, I don't know what else to say, look at his batted ball data, look at his WAR, look at his damn PA.

He played 140 games last year and was a 1 fWAR player; which again, by definition is not a replacement level player.