9.1.20 GT | Sox @ Twins | 7:10PM CT

Tnetennba

Mazara appears to have cut down on his swing and opened up a bit at the plate. He has had at least two hits to LF  recently including the one yesterday off a LH pitcher. Mazara has also made two stellar plays in RF recently, an excellent sliding catch saving runs and the 27th out yesterday where he showed decent speed, a good jump and of course his extended reach because of his height.

He is still young and has put up 20HR / year a few times, so maybe people should be patient.

Edited by tray
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Capital G said:

I dislike RR more and more. Why not rest Yoan against the Pirates and Royals when we all knew he had leg issues? Nah, let's push him and then sit him against the Twins!

Because the medical staff probably told him, Moncada wasn't injured and should try to play through it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Why doesn't he just fucking say he had COVID?  FFS, not sure why but that's bothering me.  

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I mean he should own it just as a public figure so we can all get out of this faster.  Some people that don't believe its real might change their minds.  I'm so sick of lockdown.  

There's only one motivation I could come up with for people to lie and keep this under wraps - if you're worried about long term, physical damage, or the threat of it costing you money. If you have an agent who is telling you "If you admit you had this, other teams will be more hesitant to sign you because they'll worry about physical or cardiac damage", you are going to lie up and down and left and right if you're on the way to signing another contract, which Mazara is. If he doesn't admit it, then teams can't ask him about it, and if they do he can sue them. 

Which, btw, makes me wonder why on Earth anyone who is already a projected top 100 NFL Draft pick would do anything other than sit out this year if their college team insists on playing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Because the medical staff probably told him, Moncada wasn't injured and should try to play through it.

hamstring tightness is nothing to fuck with.  but I continue to say he's not training correctly if the keep giving him problems.  overtraining quads relative to hammies is how this happens.  He should consult with some euro soccer trainers, maybe find someone on BM or some shit.  Those guys know how to train legs for injury prevention.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what people do not understand. A decision like this is NOT Renterias to make in the first place. 

Let's say he was suffering from chronic fatigue, for whatever reason but say COVID to make people happy, he would test fine and there wouldn't be a lot of risk in him playing... but he'd be sore and feel lethargic for a month or two. Do you put him on the IL if there is no cure for what he's going through and the fatigue will just be there for a few weeks? No, probably ot.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

hamstring tightness is nothing to fuck with.  but I continue to say he's not training correctly if the keep giving him problems.  overtraining quads relative to hammies is how this happens.  He should consult with some euro soccer trainers, maybe find someone on BM or some shit.  Those guys know how to train legs for injury prevention.

Worth remembering that he probably went 3.5 months this year without being able to work with the normal team trainers.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what people do not understand. A decision like this is NOT Renterias to make in the first place. 

Let's say he was suffering from chronic fatigue, for whatever reason, he would test fine and there wouldn't be a lot of risk in him playing... but he'd be sore and feel lethargic for a month or two. Do you put him on the IL if there is no cure for what he's going through and the fatigue will just be there for a few weeks? No, probably ot.

Honestly, yes you do, because you don't know how long it will last, but you know with a good amount of certainty that rest and working privately when he has energy to do so is better than forcing him out into a big league ballgame where he has to focus for hours on end. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Honestly, yes you do, because you don't know how long it will last, but you know with a good amount of certainty that rest and working privately when he has energy to do so is better than forcing him out into a big league ballgame where he has to focus for hours on end. 

If it's chronic fatigue, you play him when he's feeling fine and you sit him when the soreness and fatigue is too much. There is no side or private work you can do to overcome that diagnosis as far as I know.

One very small benefit of extending a guy for years during his arb years is you don't have nearly as much doubt about their intentions... they want you to be healthy and will do what is best for you in the long run. If it was a risk for Moncada to be out there sometimes and not on the IL then I think he would be. Sox aren't risking his future for a few games this year.

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yolmer isn't even that great at 3B, please heal up quick Moncada.

I haven't seen anyone mention this but have you noticed that Yoan lately has double clutched, or more accurately, had trouble getting the  ball  out of his glove ? He's off in all aspects of his game.

20 minutes ago, ptatc said:

The prize of the White Flag Trade was supposed to be Barcelo. He was always saying something was wrong, and the medical people couldn’t find anything. They told him to pitch through it. It got to the point KW literally called him a pussy. It turned out, however, he needed elbow and shoulder surgery.

12 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Overtraining isn't really the word. Its training differently as you elude to in the second part. I would doubt it's they are creating the muscle imbalance by training one more than the other. He isn't creating the workout plan on his own. The Sox conditioning staff was involved as well. He was probably trying yo increase the strength of the lower extremities and didn't follow the flexibility and agility portions of the training.

It is usually the ha,string that suffer because they produce significantly less force than the quads but also because they are designed differently. The quads are powerful one joint muscles. Other than the rectus femoris, they only act at the knee. The hamsrings need to act at both the hip and knee. This makes them susceptible to active insufficiency and force generating issues. The other difference is that the biceps femoris portion of the hamstrings has two portions that have different nerve supplies. Because of this they can get out of sync and have further susceptibility for injuries.

• Thanks 1