2020 Election Thoughts

hogan873

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Bovada -260 on Trump now.

Markets to watch:

Bookmaker
Pinnacle
Betfair is decent for live feels

Those likely have by far the largest hold, and their movement has been really alarming given that neither have a position.

All that said, it is also possible that his is a wag the dog situation. If you were holding futures for tomorrow on the market - and there are people holding huge positions for tomorrow - you could move the betting market with 150-250k and cause enough distress to cash in.

Pinny is taking 100k live and BM is taking 46k live per.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Well Joe, I just took my largest position on a political race in my life. I know Nate SIlver is a moron and the people that move these markets are actual real originators, but who could pass up +274. Now I'll be poorer and miserable if Trump wins. Nice.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Well Joe, I just took my largest position on a political race in my life. I know Nate SIlver is a moron and the people that move these markets are actual real originators, but who could pass up +274. Now I'll be poorer and miserable if Trump wins. Nice.

I’m right there with you brother, but I’m still optimistic

10 hours ago, Danny Dravot said:

So support a limited welfare state, which I do. You and I don’t deserve $1k extra a month just for being alive. So scratch UBI entirely. I can pay for my health insurance, so let’s establish a public option for the neediest but let those who can handle it themselves do so. Rather than trying to live off minimum wage, encourage self improvement and let teenagers make $7.50 an hour. There is affordable housing out there but it might not be in SF or Brooklyn (hell, I couldn’t even afford housing in those places). So get out there and find it.

Once you get there, what are you going to do for a living?  You're right about SF and the rest of CA.  Crazy cost of living.

3 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Once you get there, what are you going to do for a living?  You're right about SF and the rest of CA.  Crazy cost of living.

No idea. I live in a low COL area (relatively) and the wife and I both have good jobs, so we’re in the clear. But you can’t be the breadwinner of the family with a minimum wage job and live in SF. It’s not feasible. Even my own budget would be blown out of the water if I tried it in a place like that.