2021 Plan for Kopech and Crochet

SoxBlanco

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You want to trade Kopech for a bat?  What position exactly?  And who is in our rotation after this season?

I'm thinking about World Series this season, not worried about next season.  Sox are a WS contender and another bat will provide a bigger impact than Kopech this season.  Idk who - will need to research.

4 minutes ago, Green Line said:

I'm thinking about World Series this season, not worried about next season.  Sox are a WS contender and another bat will provide a bigger impact than Kopech this season.  Idk who - will need to research.

Glad you are “all in” this season when we are set up for now and the future.

Yes we do need a couple bats. Their names are Eloy & Luis.

Kopech is going no where. Thank God you are not the GM.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Green Line said:

Trade Koepch while his value is high.  I don't think he'll ever put together a full season between injuries and mental health issues.

You would trade Tatis Jr too right?

The guy who left the game again today due to an injury for the third time this season?

4 minutes ago, Nick_Schwam said:

Glad you are “all in” this season when we are set up for now and the future.

Yes we do need a couple bats. Their names are Eloy & Luis.

Kopech is going no where. Thank God you are not the GM.

Fans always get attached to their top prospects.  It can be hard to let go of a good thing, but in this case the risk would be in keeping him.

27 minutes ago, Green Line said:

He is real and he is spectacular - when he's on the active roster.

He leads the bullpen in innings pitched. He has done everything asked of him, and is one of the most valuable pitchers this season. 

If you hold the birth of a first born child and Jerry's dangling 37 cents on the dollar of a league minimum salary to risk his family's health against him for skipping 2020, than that's on you, not Kopech. Even with a major surgery, he is within a 1/2-2/3 of a season of Cease and Rodon, and just over a full season behind Giolito. Kopech will likely finish with more White Sox IP than the three currently above him, and will have much better pitching statistics in the process.

Innings pitched through Age 24, Current Roster since Michael Kopech was acquired (2017-2021):

• Lucas Giolito 524
  • Carlos Rodon 429
  • Dylan Cease 416
  • Michael Kopech 306

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

He leads the bullpen in innings pitched. He has done everything asked of him, and is one of the most valuable pitchers this season. 

If you hold the birth of a first born child and Jerry's dangling 37 cents on the dollar of a league minimum salary to risk his family's health against him for skipping 2020, than that's on you, not Kopech. Even with a major surgery, he is within a 1/2-2/3 of a season of Cease and Rodon, and just over a full season behind Giolito. Kopech will likely finish with more White Sox IP than the three currently above him, and will have much better pitching statistics in the process.

Innings pitched through Age 24, Current Roster since Michael Kopech was acquired (2017-2021):

• Lucas Giolito 524
  • Carlos Rodon 429 
  • Dylan Cease 416 
  • Michael Kopech 306 

Rodon has had the same issues w/ regard to staying healthy, so I don't think that comparison is as apt as you think.  I would have said the same thing about him - now, he's having a stellar season this year (finally), lets see if he can keep it up.

13 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Fans always get attached to their top prospects.  It can be hard to let go of a good thing, but in this case the risk would be in keeping him.

Kopech isn’t a top prospect, he’s a major league pitcher who has been one of the most effective arms in baseball this year.  He has legit best pitcher in baseball upside and we have an owner who won’t pay for high end starting pitching.  This idea to trade him for a one year fix for the offensive is just hands down dumb.  I can’t even believe this is a real suggestion.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

Rodon has had the same issues w/ regard to staying healthy, so I don't think that comparison is as apt as you think.  I would have said the same thing about him - now, he's having a stellar season this year (finally), lets see if he can keep it up.

The difference being Rodon is likely out of here in 2022 unless Jerry passes the baton, and Lucas in 2023. Cease and Kopech are under control through 2025, would wager Kopech will out perform Cease over the next four seasons.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Kopech isn’t a top prospect, he’s a major league pitcher who has been one of the most effective arms in baseball this year.  He has legit best pitcher in baseball upside and we have an owner who won’t pay for high end starting pitching.  This idea to trade him for a one year fix for the offensive is just hands down dumb.  I can’t even believe this a real suggestion. 

It doesn't have to be a 1-year fix, thats not what I meant.  He would being in a huge haul.

7 minutes ago, Green Line said:

What are all these injury issues you are referring to with Kopech?  Other than TJS and a flukey hamstring injury, what else makes you think he is injury prone?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Ok so you lose Kopech  and Lynn and Rodon  ? Have you thought this through ? All the Sox have to do is tread water until Eloy and Robert come back. You have to think beyond this year. Most teams get good enough to win a World Series but sometimes it takes a couple of years to actually win it. 2005 was fluky , 1 year in and they won and never went back.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Ok so you lose Kopech  and Lynn and Rodon  ? Have you thought this through ? All the Sox have to do is tread water until Eloy and Robert come back. You have to think beyond this year. Most teams get good enough to win a World Series but sometimes it takes a couple of years to actually win it. 2005 was fluky , 1 year in and they won and never went back.

Do they have to lost all 3?  I guess everyone is assuming Jerry won't shell out for either of the other two?  Fair assumption, but that sucks!

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What are all these injury issues you are referring to with Kopech?  Other than TJS and a flukey hamstring injury, what else makes you think he is injury prone?

Well, he didn't play in 2020 because he chose to sit out, didn't play in 2019 due to Tommy John, which happened in late 2018.  I'm worried about his ability to last a whole season.  I think the hamstring thing will be a recurring issue.  I hope i'm wrong.

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

Do they have to lost all 3?  I guess everyone is assuming Jerry won't shell out for either of the other two?  Fair assumption, but that sucks!

Well Lynn and Rodon will be Free Agents. Even if Jerry were to want to shell out the money there is no reason for them not to test Free Agency. Jerry will have to bid against all the other teams.

30 minutes ago, Green Line said:

It doesn't have to be a 1-year fix, thats not what I meant.  He would being in a huge haul.

If other teams view him like you do as highly injury prone and with “mental” issues why would they give up a huge haul for him? 

Edited by ShoeLessRob
Poor grammar
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Well, he didn't play in 2020 because he chose to sit out, didn't play in 2019 due to Tommy John, which happened in late 2018.  I'm worried about his ability to last a whole season.  I think the hamstring thing will be a recurring issue.  I hope i'm wrong.

Choosing to sit out during a pandemic doesn’t make him injury prone.  And you think one random hamstring injury will somehow become recurring?  Seems like you’ve taken the most pessimistic view on him and just run with it for no logical reason.

3 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

If other teams view him like you do as highly injury prone and with “mental” issues why would they give up a huge haul for him? 

Because if everything works out in his favor, he's one of the best pitchers in the MLB.

50 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Kopech isn’t a top prospect, he’s a major league pitcher who has been one of the most effective arms in baseball this year.  He has legit best pitcher in baseball upside and we have an owner who won’t pay for high end starting pitching.  This idea to trade him for a one year fix for the offensive is just hands down dumb.  I can’t even believe this is a real suggestion.

And at what position? 

Lf, CF, 3rd, ss, 1st, catcher, even second is pretty much set. What right field bat would be worth kopech? 

The sox honestly don't need a bat. They need arms after this year. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

And at what position? 

Lf, CF, 3rd, ss, 1st, catcher, even second is pretty much set. What right field bat would be worth kopech? 

The sox honestly don't need a bat. They need arms after this year. 

That’s my point, it’s really RF or bust.  Meanwhile, we could lose Lynn & Rodon after this year and Giolito after the 2023 season.  Kopech literally might slide to the the top of the rotation as soon as next year.  I can’t believe anyone who actually watched him pitch this year would even consider trading him.  This is the legit ace we’ve been dreaming about since the Sale trade and it’s finally starting to become reality.

1 hour ago, Green Line said:

But we already probably have the most WAR in baseball with both Luis and Eloy out.  

Why not build a balanced juggernaut?

8 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

It's one of my single favorite sports hot takes.

-THIS GUY SUCKS TRADE HIM!!!

-If he sucks why does anyone else want him?

-Well he could be good...

• Like 1