The Jarred Kelenic Appreciation Thread

Harold's Leg Lift

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2023 at 6:24 AM, Harold's Leg Lift said:

All he does is hit Home Runs! Atta Kid!  💣

Congrats @Harold's Leg Lift ! You took a lot of s%*# sticking by Kelenic. I don't think any of it came from me. As a matter of fact I suggested the Sox try to trade for him this past off season among my many young LH OF suggestions over the last couple of off seasons. It's still early but so far so good for him.

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2023 at 12:20 AM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Congrats @Harold's Leg Lift ! You took a lot of s%*# sticking by Kelenic. I don't think any of it came from me. As a matter of fact I suggested the Sox try to trade for him this past off season among my many young LH OF suggestions over the last couple of off seasons. It's still early but so far so good for him.

Now is the ultimate test for Kelenic. 

He's finally made the needed adjustments in his game and they've seemingly stuck. 

Can he sustain it out over 3-4 months or even a full season?  Where will advance scouts decide to attack his swing this time? 

1.2 fWAR and slightly negative on defense (-0.5)...so his bat will obviously have to carry him. 

Edited by caulfield12

Kelenic is clearly an improved player and will provide fantasy value with homers and steals, but it’s safe to expect his batting average to continue to drop. Pitchers have adjusted to him, throwing far more breaking balls and fewer fastballs since the end of last month, and his K% has spiked as a result. We are still dealing with small samples, and Kelenic will adjust to the adjustments, but he’s batting .204/.264/.286 with zero homers and 18 strikeouts (34.0 K%) over this span (49 ABs).

THE BAT X projects Kelenic to hit .236 over the rest of the season.

Yahoo fantasy sports