4/17 GT: Sox vs Sahx, 3:05 PM CST

Capn12

Just now, TheTruth05 said:

when u fall behind 3-0 multiple times you ain't getting those close calls

Shouldn't be a matter of getting calls. It should be what it is. A ball or a strike. Pitchers and hitters work too hard to get screwed over by balls and strikes, which can drastically alter the momentum of a ballgame. As almost happened in that half inning.

1 minute ago, TheTruth05 said:

when u fall behind 3-0 multiple times you ain't getting those close calls

Dude it was down the middle. Of questionable I can see. Strike all the way

Fair on the cold, was happy to see him hit 96 there that inning. 

Encouraging thing to me is outside of the occasional batter Cease doesn’t seem to be missing as drastically as last year.  Nothing quantitative but felt like he would totally lose the zone for long periods of time.  

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

Shouldn't be a matter of getting calls. It should be what it is. A ball or a strike. Pitchers and hitters work too hard to get screwed over by balls and strikes, which can drastically alter the momentum of a ballgame. As almost happened in that half inning.

Sox haven't been called on a few low pitches themselves. He's at least been consistent so can't whine when 1 doesn't go our way

2 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Sox haven't been called on a few low pitches themselves. He's at least been consistent so can't whine when 1 doesn't go our way

I am watching the game and I understand that. Doesn't change my point. It is clear in the rulebook, and on our fucking tv screens, what a ball and what a strike is. There's no reason why this should still be a conversation in 2021 with the technology that is available.

Edited by ScooterMcGee

3 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I am watching the game and I understand that. Doesn't change my point. It is clear in the rulebook, and on our fucking tv screens, what a ball and what a strike is. There's no reason why this should still be a conversation in 2021 with the technology that is available.

I’m not sure how accurate that box is. On Franchy it looked several inches below his knee

• Like 1

Just now, Vulture said:

I’m not sure how accurate that box is. On Franchy it looked several inches below his knee

it's not, every ump has his own zone. Sox benefited from that zone a few times already, it happens

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I've been a Collins truther for years but he's an automatic out against ML pitching. There's no other way around it.

That he was a heralded draft pick will give him a roster spot for a few years- if his catching continues to improve maybe not a bad thing

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic