5/17 White Sox (Keuchel) v. Twins (Happ) Thread

bmags

Solid hitting and approach by Grandal. He won't increase his batting average lmao. But 3-0 Sox is a nice way to start the game. Anything else would be a huge bonus here with Leury coming up and only a guy on 1st. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Who got injured now???

Foul ball off of Vaughn's bat hurt Twins catcher. He seems to be alright. Other than Abreu confirmed out for series (but back for Yankees) due to tweaking his ankle on the slide home against KC, idk of any other injuries 

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Garbage ass swing 2-0, come on, that should be something you can drive not a pitcher's pitch you swing at.

Better to just say "he is what he is" and just wait for his eventual 7-10 game hot streak where he ups his OPS into the low 600's and stabilizes there.

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

I'm probably spoiled by the rest of the rotation (+Kopech), but does anyone else find Keuchel an incredibly dull pitcher to watch?

I wouldn't mind him if he worked fast ala Buehrle but the fact that he works painfully slow plus the lack of high end stuff.... yea.

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Those guys worked MILES faster than Keuchel. 

Jason Bere was the one who always drove me nuts...slower than Mike The Human Rain Delay Hargrove.

And now Happ with his (yikes) 38th pitch of the game.   Well, at least he's a Northwestern grad, cheer for the old guy except against the Sox (and you definitely don't want him on your fantasy league team).

Edited by caulfield12