5/24 Cardinals vs. White Sox

hogan873

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Just so sick of seeing him in big spots. If the big boys are out until at least August, you have to bring in another outfielder.

Honestly, at bare minimum they need a utility player upgrade over Leury.  Mendick & Engel make him completely redundant and he’s just a terrible hitter.  Get an actual left-handed bat and not a guy Tony will continue to play in the wrong matchups.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Would love to know why Leury thought trying to pull the ball in that at bat was the best approach 

Does he really strike you as the hitter with the most cerebral approach on the team...he's just up there cutting and slashing at whatever pitch he sees in front of him.

Wouldn't have minded a bunt (for a hit) down the 3B line to keep the line moving and probably score a run.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just so sick of seeing him in big spots. If the big boys are out until at least August, you have to bring in another outfielder.

Agreed, I'm not sure how long they think they can keep trotting an offense out with this many easy outs and get away with it. 

1 minute ago, ShoeLessRob said:

I think he jsut goes up there and try’s his best to make any contact.

Agreed, that one was just especially glaring given it was 1-0 count and and swung like it was an 0-2 protect swing on an outside change up.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Spencer Turnbull trying to hold off the Indians.

3-2 Tigers in the top of the sixth, man on 3rd, two outs, Harold Ramirez up.   Just retired Jo.Ramirez and Rosario.

My man Larnach murdered a ball off of Means

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

Who'd have thought that our best corner outfielder by the end of May would be Andrew Vaughn

He's quickly become one of my favorite players. The ability to play a competent corner spot is huge for him.