GT 5/30: ORIOLES @ SOX

50 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

Except it’s okay to say yo-yo looks like 2018 yo-yo when he has a bad game but it’s not okay to say yermin isn’t a legit mlb player. Dude isn’t here long term. Everyone knows that he’s only here because eloy is hurt. He’s gonna be the first dude sent down when he’s back get used to it . He has no legit future on the Sox 

The "but he did it too!" defense. I don't even let my kids use that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The "but he did it too!" defense. I don't even let my kids use that.

You legit defend a flash in the pan who has no future on the Sox can’t play a position and never hits for power.  Just because Tony was mean to him. I wouldn’t teach a child that logic either. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

You legit defend a flash in the pan who has no future on the Sox can’t play a position and never hits for power.  Just because Tony was mean to him. I wouldn’t teach a child that logic either. 

Just stop. 

You do this any day that he doesn't get a hit.  

It isn't about Yermin.  It's never been about Yermin.  This post shows everyone you aren't rational about him.

A lack of power?  A five second look at his stats and advanced stats tell you that.

And we all know why.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

You're an insufferable downer. Holy shit.

• Like 2
  • Fire 4

1 hour ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Because it is incredibly stupid to criticize the dude that has carried the team for the first 6 weeks with no replacement on the roster. With Lamb hitting well, you can platoon him with Yermin and Vaughn from time to time, but Yermin is here to stay for a while.

Absolutely agree. Why in the world would we abandon on a player that is a big reason we’re in first?

Hes played 6 weeks in the majors, the playoffs aren’t starting tomorrow.

You keep him in the lineup, end of story...

Edited by staxxington
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Just stop. 

You do this any day that he doesn't get a hit.  

It isn't about Yermin.  It's never been about Yermin.  This post shows everyone you aren't rational about him.

A lack of power?  A five second look at his stats and advanced stats tell you that.

And we all know why.

Do tell?  I love how it’s not rational to criticize him but it’s rational to defend him. His stats are only high because of April. That’s why he’s dropped so low. Just watch the end of June he will be in the low 200s, then 100s

Edited by Greydawgfan1

28 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

You're an insufferable downer. Holy shit.

It’s a legit and okay criticism. He doesn’t hit well enough his stats are only high because of April. If he hit 300 in April he would be in the 100s now 

Edited by Greydawgfan1

2 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

It’s a legit and okay criticism. He doesn’t hit well enough his stats are only high because of April. If he hit 300 in April he would be in the 100s now 

Stop spouting bullshit. He's hitting .233 in May, so it's statistically impossible for him to be "in the 100s now" if he hit .300 in April.(His average would still be in the 265-270 range)

I'm beginning to believe you're a fucking idiot.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

5 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Stop spouting bullshit. He's hitting .233 in May, so it's statistically impossible for him to be "in the 100s now" if he hit .300 in April.(His average would still be in the 265-270 range)

Says the dudes who blindly defend him regardless of his lack of adjustments. Dude seriously why? he isn’t a long term piece of the Sox. You know that we know that why even argue. Is he going to be the 2022 dh no fucking way. Should he be the dh when Eloy and Robert come back. No fucking way. But ignore why this dude has never made the majors and act like he’s mike trout 

Edited by Greydawgfan1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Greydawgfan1 said:

Says the dudes who blindly defend him regardless of his lack of adjustments. Dude seriously why he isn’t a long term piece of the Sox. You know that we know that why even argue. Is he going to be the 2022 dh no fucking way. Should he be the dh when Eloy and Robert come back. No fucking way. But ignore why this dude has never made the majors and act like he’s mike trout 

Quite literally nobody is doing that. I'm not even defending him. I'm calling you out for your bullshit and your stupidity. But please, continue to embarrass yourself.

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

Welcome to Soxtalk troll! Mercedes is here to stay and is still one of the top players statistically in the AL. I think it’s time for your bedtime. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Eloy

Then hopefully Andrew Vaughn isn't still hitting .226 with a .709 OPS and either Adam Eaton or Adam Engel are completely healthy and producing, and Eloy starts mashing right away without being rusty from being off for so long, and doesn't re-injure himself.  Otherwise, it would be foolish to bench the best DH this team has had since Jim Thome.

4 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Then hopefully Andrew Vaughn isn't still hitting .226 with a .709 OPS and either Adam Eaton or Adam Engel are completely healthy and producing, and Eloy starts mashing right away without being rusty from being off for so long, and doesn't re-injure himself.  Otherwise, it would be foolish to bench the best DH this team has had since Jim Thome.

I just don't want Eloy in the outfield, ever again.  Maybe he can learn a little 1B but I honestly doubt it.  At most maybe he plays OF twice a week he's just too uncoordinated out there he's a danger to himself and the pitching staff every night.

1 hour ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

Do tell?  I love how it’s not rational to criticize him but it’s rational to defend him. His stats are only high because of April. That’s why he’s dropped so low. Just watch the end of June he will be in the low 200s, then 100s

If that is wrong, do I get to ban you?

1 hour ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Amazing post...Graydawgfan is one of the worst trolls in Soxtalk history.  Just embarrassingly bad.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

Yermim was beloved before the drunk criticized him and a pathetic troll like yourself even noticed him on the roster 

Edited by YoYoIsMyHero
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I just don't want Eloy in the outfield, ever again.  Maybe he can learn a little 1B but I honestly doubt it.  At most maybe he plays OF twice a week he's just too uncoordinated out there he's a danger to himself and the pitching staff every night.

I agree that Eloy does not belong in the outfield.  

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic