GT 7/11: SOX @BAL, 12:05

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

His fastball is fine. It’s all about developing the secondary stuff with Crochet

I think it’s more about commanding the fastball.  He’s getting less swings on it this year because it’s slower and out of the zone. Seems he got more chases last year on it.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Quit waiting for him to throw 100 again it's not coming back. He's going to top out at 98-99 and that's fine. 

Biggest thing for Crochet next spring is to find a changeup grip that actually gets it in the 87-89 range in games. 

Why is his high end velocity gone forever?

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Quit waiting for him to throw 100 again it's not coming back. He's going to top out at 98-99 and that's fine. 

Biggest thing for Crochet next spring is to find a changeup grip that actually gets it in the 87-89 range in games. 

If he's gonna hang around there as a starter, I would have no problem with it. It's just weird how he's basically a 1 inning reliever and sits around 95-97 most of the time. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

If he's gonna hang around there as a starter, I would have no problem with it. It's just weird how he's basically a 1 inning reliever and sits around 95-97 most of the time. 

He usually sits 96-97. He has games where he's 95-96 and games where he's 97-99. 

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

It‘s by design. You don’t lose 5-6mph off your fastball just like that.

That would make sense actually if they still see him as a starter. This might be where he's going to work. The other thing is that he was injured last year in the playoffs and this is just where he is post-injury. 

'

6 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

It‘s by design. You don’t lose 5-6mph off your fastball just like that.

Which is funny cause he was throwing 96 in game 3 of the playoffs last year and the coaching staff was freaked out.