Sox at Cubs 8/7, 1:20

Bob Sacamano

2 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Rodon velocity is way up with extra rest

I would try to get him extra rest from here on out. Schedule some bullpen days started by Kopech. Bummer looks back and with Kimbrel, you ought to be able to stretch Kopech out.

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Len is so much easier on the ears then Jason IMO. He lets the game breathe.

That’s a great way to put it.  He goes nice and easy, engages Stone appropriately, and most importantly, doesn’t try and jam so much of the cornball routine into every available second during the telecast.  Don’t get me wrong, I think Benetti is a good announcer.  I just think he could be far better if he took a page out of Kasper’s book.  Maybe in time.  

2 minutes ago, Thad Bosley said:

That’s a great way to put it.  He goes nice and easy, engages Stone appropriately, and most importantly, doesn’t try and jam so much of the cornball routine into every available second during the telecast.  Don’t get me wrong, I think Benetti is a good announcer.  I just think he could be far better if he took a page out of Kasper’s book.  Maybe in time.  

Both Len and Steve are baseball announcers. Benneti more suited toward basketball, boxing, MMA. Baseball is too slow for his style and taste. Just hope he stays so us radio listeners get him for 120 or so games a year. Len and DJ are great.

Is Len at the park, or still out of the Jerry Springer studios in NBC tower?

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

Both Len and Steve are baseball announcers. Benneti more suited toward basketball, boxing, MMA. Baseball is too slow for his style and taste. Just hope he stays so us radio listeners get him for 120 or so games a year. Len and DJ are great.

Would not be shocked in a couple of years, Jason takes a national job.

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

He and Stone are in the booth at Wrigley 

2 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Would not be shocked in a couple of years, Jason takes a national job.

I would be. Sox TV is his dream job

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Len and Steve are at the park

Benetti will stay, and even if he doesn't, Kasper specifically left the Cubs so he could do radio. If Benetti left he wouldn't take the TV job

5 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I would be. Sox TV is his dream job

Len and Steve are at the park

Benetti will stay, and even if he doesn't, Kasper specifically left the Cubs so he could do radio. If Benetti left he wouldn't take the TV job

I wouldn't be so sure on the final statement. He left for a radio job now, but didn't say he wanted to move and remain on radio broadcasts the rest of his life.

Steve Stone also took a radio job with the Sox to transition into TV. The Sox have a better handle on the timeline for Steve (retire) and Jason (leave for something else).

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

I wouldn't be so sure on the final statement. He left for a radio job now, but didn't say he wanted to move and remain on radio broadcasts the rest of his life.

Steve Stone also took a radio job with the Sox to transition into TV. The Sox have a better handle on the timeline for Steve (retire) and Jason (leave for something else).

Kasper said his goal was to be a radio voice, plain and simple

56 minutes ago, EloyRedGloveSWAG said:

Hope Eloy's groin is okay after sprinting out that infield hit. I am so scared now for any player who has to strain themselves running down the first base line. Keep thinking another injury is going to happen. 

Hopefully his gf is nursing it for him. 

• Love 1