8/14 Sox vs Yankees - 6:10 CT first pitch

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

I think the "his velocity is down" is becoming the most annoying shit on this forum & that's saying something. Giolito has needed TJS about 29 times over the last 2 years

How about "velocity is up"? All of Cease's pitches are up between 0.3-1.2 MPH to start the game.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/gamefeed?date=8/14/2021&gamePk=632898&chartType=pitch&legendType=pitchName&playerType=pitcher&inning=&count=&pitchHand=&batSide=&descFilter=&ptFilter=&resultFilter=&hf=playerBreakdown#632898

His fastball spin rate is down over 100.

Just now, Colome's Hat said:

Really hope that the only reason Eloy is in LF is to spell Vaughn and give Engel a chance to heal up.  When Engel is healthy, I really don't want to see Eloy in LF on a regular basis.  He's too valuable offensively to risk him getting hurt.

He has already publicly complained about DHing. He is the starting LF going forward

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Needs more sweat.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I bet he’s next after Rodon returns

He's never pitched a full MLB season, I wouldn't be surprised if he drops off due to fatigue. 

Good thing Eloy didn't kill himself there. 

Just now, fathom said:

The ball is flying 

The LeMahieu double and that Odor fly ball both carried a lot. Both guys didn't think they hit it well just by looking at their reactions after the swing. 

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

lol they're all over him

Cease gets a lot of his swings and misses on pitches out of the zone. That doesn't mix well when he faces a patient lineup. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Dylan looking like he's wearing down a little and could use an extended break. Getting lazy in his delivery. Arm still strong.

He's on my fantasy team and there was this great update on yahoo where they called him "Polarizing".  Kind of fits him like a glove.  lol