MiLB 2022 Catch All thread

southsider2k5

17 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Wonder how serious they are about the 2B thing.

I think very serious.  The only viable path to future playing time with the Sox is if he can play a passable 2B.  He's just not going to be taking any starts from Moncada, Vaughn, or Abreu (assuming the Sox extend him past this year to DH).  And of course being more versatile would increase his trade value, if that's the way the Sox go.

Personally, I really hope the Sox don't trade him and he can play an adequate 2B.  And I'm weirdly optimistic he'll be able to do it.  I mean, if Dan Uggla can stick at 2B, why can't Burger.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

It will be interesting to see how Colas adjusts after his experience in Japan.  Hopefully it helps.

I couldn't find his Japan stats.  Probably in here somewhere.  My sixth sense, which is usually wrong, tells me that Oscar will tear apart High A.

• Like 1

I know I have said this before, but I refuse to believe this system is as poor as it is rated between Montgomery, Kath, Cespedes, Colas, Rodriguez and Vera, Kelley, Thompson, Dalquist, and Burke

No top 100 guys? Sure, but a lot of these guys are fringe or may end the year in the top 100 (Montgomery, Colas, Cespedes, Rodriguez...maybe Kath and Vera)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiSoxJon said:

I know I have said this before, but I refuse to believe this system is as poor as it is rated between Montgomery, Kath, Cespedes, Colas, Rodriguez and Vera, Kelley, Thompson, Dalquist, and Burke

No top 100 guys? Sure, but a lot of these guys are fringe or may end the year in the top 100 (Montgomery, Colas, Cespedes, Rodriguez...maybe Kath and Vera)

Vera will be a top 100 prospect 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiSoxJon said:

If you follow prospects/minor league baseball outside of the Sox system, it becomes glaring how underwhelming that list of players is. Every organization has players like the ones you've mentioned. If other teams felt differently about the Sox system than what we'll read from various prospect evaluators, it would have been a lot easier for them to make trades dating back to the trade deadline last year. Obviously it's possible that the players you mention take steps forward, but the same could be said for good but not great prospects in any teams system.

I think if Rodriguez received a larger signing bonus, he would be on the top `100 radar. I think he's the best prospect in the system, but that's still just one guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

If you follow prospects/minor league baseball outside of the Sox system, it becomes glaring how underwhelming that list of prospect is. Every organization has players like the ones you've mentioned. If other teams felt differently about the Sox system than what we'll read from various p evaluators, it would have been a lot easier for them to make trades dating back to the trade deadline last year. Obviously it's possible that the players you mention take steps forward, but the same could be said for good but not great prospects in any teams system.

I think if Rodriguez received a larger signing bonus, he would be on the top `100 radar. I think he's the best prospect in the system, but that's still just one guy.

While it is easy to follow the national "experts" I think this is loudly wrong.  Cespedes was a top 10 international signing, Colas top 3 in the last two years.  Montgomery was a first round pick, Kath was a second round overslot pick, Kelley was 2nd round overslot pick that many had with first round grade.    Vera was the top international prospect in the 20-21 international class.  Dahlquist and Thompson were 2nd and 3rd round overslot guys.  The last three years the White Sox have thrown the brunt of their scouting and draft money at high end YOUNG prospects and Cubans.  And then Coivd shit on their plans.  They had all these high school kids and Cuban transfers that basically sat in limbo for 1.5 years because of COVID which hurt development.   This is a big year for White Sox farm system because if two of that list don't make top 100...well then I'll agree their plan was garbage and their farm system is garbage...but to call it garbage now seems silly to me.