Lucas and Arbitration

2Deep

21 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

So, let me get this straight.  Just because we finally dumped Kimbrel on someone, we now should be elated with the front office potentially rupturing the relationship with one of our most important young players and a team leader to boot? 

Makes perfect sense. 

Yeah Lucas seems really pissed

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Don't even know what that first post is supposed to mean.  While agreeing to an arb number is good for both parties, it doesn't erase some of the penny pinching / nickel & diming for lack of better phrase from the Sox here.

You'll feel better after seeing Fegan's tweet posted above my post.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

Yeah Lucas seems really pissed

I am very happy to see he went out of way to do this.  It is one thing to give this as a boilerplate answer when a reporter asks you, but if you search out the press pool to do it, that puts a different spin on it.

To be clear, they just played a clip of Rick Hahn talking about settling with Lucas, and he did mention that JR and Lucas did talk directly at some point, so maybe there could be a future here, as he doesn't really do much of the day to day talking except in extraordinary circumstances.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

So, let me get this straight.  Just because we finally dumped Kimbrel on someone, we now should be elated with the front office potentially rupturing the relationship with one of our most important young players and a team leader to boot? 

Makes perfect sense. 

Continue finding something to b**** about. That's how some on this forum work, because they will never enjoy what we have going right now.

The team is not perfect but they are very, very good

The front office is flawed at times but I'm glad they are patient with some of their moves and not like some on here who want moves for the sake of move.

I'm getting ready to enjoy the hell out of this team and season BUT you carry on.........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2Deep said:

Continue finding something to b**** about. That's how some on this forum work, because they will never enjoy what we have going right now.

The team is not perfect but they are very, very good

The front office is flawed at times but I'm glad they are patient with some of their moves and not like some on here who want moves for the sake of move.

I'm getting ready to enjoy the hell out of this team and season BUT you carry on.........

Calling out everyone because we finally traded Kimbrel is almost something I would expect here in China...where expressing contrary opinions publicly gets you disappeared.  Did you also have a go at Balta, Ray Ray and Two Gun Pete, by the way?  You can't buy trust, you have to earn it through actions and things like eventually winning a freakin' playoff series first.

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Calling out everyone because we finally traded Kimbrel is almost something I would expect here in China...where expressing contrary opinions publicly gets you disappeared.  Did you also have a go at Balta, Ray Ray and Two Gun Pete, by the way?  You can't buy trust, you have to earn it through actions and things like eventually winning a freakin' playoff series first.

What?

You actually made me laugh out loud.

39 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

What?

You actually made me laugh out loud.

We'll try a baseball GM argument then.

No Kimbrel option, QO to Rodon, sign Joc and platoon him in RF with Engel (where they are both comfortable/experienced), sign Eduardo Escobar and invest the savings into a starting pitcher such as Manaea and backup catcher better than Ciuffo with those aforementioned savings.

That leaves Leury as the primary backup everywhere, but not starting where he shouldn't. And no Harrison.

The fWAR for that particular combination will work out at least 3-5 points higher than what we're actually applauding.  And a comp pick back from the Giants to boot.

And more left-handedness in the normal 70% of the time lineup as well.

You can really win a World Series with that team.

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Calling people out for contrary opinions? This is what you were doing when nothing was happening. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Calling people out for contrary opinions? This is what you were doing when nothing was happening. 

On the plus side, when Jimenez gets hurt, we can put Pollock back in his natural position, Sheets at DH and the dreaded Leury/Vaughn platoon in RF!

I seem to remember VaFan getting called out for being overly positive, which, at the time, was the contrary opinion.

I suppose the board reverts back to "Hahn is a demi god" until the next (perceived) bad trade or injury.

Honestly, not sure what "dick ripping" even means, but I'm sure it's meant to put critics "back in their place" or something like that.

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

To be clear, they just played a clip of Rick Hahn talking about settling with Lucas, and he did mention that JR and Lucas did talk directly at some point, so maybe there could be a future here, as he doesn't really do much of the day to day talking except in extraordinary circumstances.

It reminds me of how Frank did his contracts. One on one and done.

4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

We'll try a baseball GM argument then.

No Kimbrel option, QO to Rodon, sign Joc and platoon him in RF with Engel (where they are both comfortable/experienced), sign Eduardo Escobar and invest the savings into a starting pitcher such as Manaea and backup catcher better than Ciuffo with those aforementioned savings.

That leaves Leury as the primary backup everywhere, but not starting where he shouldn't. And no Harrison.

The fWAR for that particular combination will work out at least 3-5 points higher than what we're actually applauding.  And a comp pick back from the Giants to boot.

And more left-handedness in the normal 70% of the time lineup as well.

You can really win a World Series with that team.

What qualifies you to know better then Rick Hahn?

It seems soooo easy doesn't it?