A's interested in Andrew Vaughn/Sox in Montas

southsider2k5

10 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

This is all fine and good, but a thousand mile gap from Vaughn to Sheets/Burger AND Montgomery.  Both of those guys (pick one of two + Montgomery) together, plus one third tier piece is going to be the next ask after AV.  They won't get it, hopefully/obviously, but it's a starting point. 

No to Vaughn. No to Montgomery. No to Colas and no to Vera.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

One thing that's always going to be consistent... site owners/operators will typically embrace what brings more traffic and conversation, as long as it doesn't put the site in any type of legal jeopardy.  I do agree that people have a right to be skeptical.  That resukting discussion is what leads to insiders so to speak having credibility or not. 

Has anyone ever seen Hector Gomez and Mike Rodriguez in the same room as the SoxTalk owners.

I hate to go all conspiracy but is it possible that Hector and Mike are fake people designed to drive traffic to SoxTalk?

Yes, I did take an edible tonight.

• Haha 1

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

No to Vaughn. No to Montgomery. No to Colas and no to Vera.

I think Sox brass has too much invested in the ongoing Cuban Connection to so quickly turn around and trade a prospect they have patiently been waiting on for two years. 

Otoh, Cespedes could have some "plus" value due to his name/family connection to that franchise. 

I think they will ultimately wait until June/July.

5 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Has anyone ever seen Hector Gomez and Mike Rodriguez in the same room as the SoxTalk owners.

I hate to go all conspiracy but is it possible that Hector and Mike are fake people designed to drive traffic to SoxTalk?

Yes, I did take an edible tonight.

Checks the tail numbers of private jets flying into the Dominican associated with SoxTalk board members... 

Nah. That sounds a bit like one of those JFK or 9/11 conspiracy sites. 

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

Just now, soxlover15 said:

We need another pitcher badly for now but Vaughn should be untradeable in my opinion!  Haven't been on this board for years, not like anyone cares but I know something about baseball. let's talk want to contribute more no sources though!!

It was a damn good post.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Wow, he just referred to Vaughn as "really bad OF". Screw this guy. Zero professionalism. 

Think its an error in translation. Like they want Andrew very badly, sox dont wanna give him up. Cant tell if you posted this sarcastically though lol 

1 minute ago, soxlover15 said:

We need another pitcher badly for now but Vaughn should be untradeable in my opinion!  Haven't been on this board for years, not like anyone cares but I know something about baseball. let's talk want to contribute more no sources though!!

Banned!! 

Joking.  Welcome aboard/back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FLsoxfan said:

Think its an error in translation. Like they want Andrew very badly, sox dont wanna give him up. Cant tell if you posted this sarcastically though lol 

It’s totally an error in translation, but the phrasing is amusing.  

To be fair, the English version of those tweets are straight from Google Translate, so it’s very possible some context has been lost in translation.  For now, I’m going to trust Pal and believe there is some real smoke here, even if nothing happens tonight.

Regardless, a Montas trade to the Sox logically makes sense for both sides.  OAK probably doesn’t want to carry him to the trade deadline given his track record and the Sox probably don’t want to wait to the trade deadline given the state of the pitching staff.  I wouldn’t be shocked if a deal came to together fairly soon, but OAK would obviously have to concede from the Vaughn ask.  Maybe that’s finally happening and talks are becoming more productive?  I guess we’ll have to give it a few days and find out.

• Like 1

Ray Ray, you have it all wrong.  SoxTalk needs good villains and bad guys to keep the likes/emojis flowing. Otherwise, it's just one big circle jerk.  Ron, Greg, Parkman, Caulfield. Balta is the Devil's Advocate with a social conscience.  Ray Ray enjoys arguing with nearly everyone and really doesn't seem to care what people think about him, but his insights are more valuable than his irascibility.  Maybe it's easier to characterize it as impatience with those less well-informed or lacking in athletic backgrounds. 

• Haha 1