4/13 Games

BamaDoc

I really haven't paid much attention to Yolbert in the past, but he is super patient at the plate this season. Almost non chalant. He now has 7 walks to 2 strikeouts on the year. The strikeout today was on a full count take as well. Super small sample size obviously. Just an observation.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Good point. Expecting him to hit the ground running with that K rate would scare me, though. I'd think there's someone the Sox could move to the 60 day IL to clear space, though. Lynn maybe?

It’s only been 4 games. He’s not low contact but he’s not a 40% k rate, he was at 25% last run in AAA. And real power.

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

It’s only been 4 games. He’s not low contact but he’s not a 40% k rate, he was at 25% last run in AAA. And real power.

Even when he broke out in Birmingham last year, it was with a very high K rate. I don't think he could play for an extended period time in the majors and post something below a mid 30s K rate

but I'd love to be wrong, of course

Edited by maxjusttyped

8 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Even when he broke out in Birmingham last year, it was with a very high K rate. I don't think he could play for an extended period time in the majors and post something below a mid 30s K rate

but I'd love to be wrong, of course

It was 28% across Birmingham and Charlotte. Maybe Adolfo being near him raised my tolerance but that isn’t that wild for a Sox prospect. Robert was at 25% in AAA.

34 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Nice to see someone else paying attention to him besides me lol. 

Hey, I was all aboard the Yolbert hype machine at the end of last year when he decided to light his bat on fire. Love to see him continue it this year.

You gotta worry about @bmags, the progenitor of the yogurt meme tho.

EDIT: As you can see below, Bmags did not create the meme. It was Ron Ron.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

d2a2237c-12d4-4001-b279-2365f7b0be2b_tex

Damn, you're right. I was equating Bmags not liking the signing due to allocation of resources (and if I'm wrong here again Bmags, just drag me) and mocking a foreign player's name for no reason other than internet likes.

Sorry Rongurt.

On 6/25/2019 at 12:06 PM, bmags said:

Is calling sanchez yogurt a soxtalk joke thing or is it a autocorrect thing

On 3/31/2019 at 4:51 PM, ron883 said:

The potential Yogurt Sanchez signing is looking better and better each day. 

20 minutes ago, Quin said:

Damn, you're right. I was equating Bmags not liking the signing due to allocation of resources (and if I'm wrong here again Bmags, just drag me) and mocking a foreign player's name for no reason other than internet likes.

Sorry Rongurt.

C'mon Quin, you of all people should know that I'm the best nicknamer on this site (with the exception of @ChiliIrishHammock24. Long live HoT FiRe)

Edited by ron883
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah I don’t do nicknames I just add alliteration for fan clubs.

One thing with Yolbert and Yoelki is it seemed improbable when they signed that these guys with pretty terrible stats in cuba would be more successful in better leagues. But their bats have played better. Yoelki does have power, Sanchez now even being patient.

was that worth so much of our budget? I don’t know, but when paddy puts money on a guy it really is worth paying attention.