GT 4/18: Sox @ Guardians - PPD, makeup on July 12

ChiSox59

34 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Welp, this makes it seem like Giolito might still be a ways off.

It strange because Gio said he was pain free like a week ago.  Seems like they're really slow playing it.  

59 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

It strange because Gio said he was pain free like a week ago.  Seems like they're really slow playing it.  

Better safe than sorry though.  You don't want it to be the type of injury that just continues all season.  

53 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

This Gio thing, like so many Sox injuries, seems so odd. We hear that it's nothing, then just it goes on and on. 

With Gio, it was some abdominal pain, and he just came out as a precaution; that's what I heard on the radio during and after the game, talked about how cold it was and a good idea to get him out. Later on it changed to was going to be maybe, worst case, sit out a start. Then it became sit out two starts. Then he was on 10 IL. It seems these thing just grow and go on forever. 

No where near as bad, but a lot like Engel's thing last year. Is my memory correct, that he pulled that hamstring in spring training? It seemed he was always about to return, but really, he never returned for any time at all and would go right back on the IL. He was more or less out out the entire year. I just looked it up. He only played in 39 games last year, for a hamstring injury in spring ball. 

Now Gio, originally out as a precaution, out, at least two starts. Let's hope only two starts. 

20 minutes ago, ron883 said:

How does it compare to breaking bad? I figure it's spectacular. I need another show. 

I'm a huge fan of Breaking Bad and to me Better Call Saul is slightly worse. (It's still an excellent show however so totally recommend.) Bob Odenkirk is an awesome actor. 

4 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I'm a huge fan of Breaking Bad and to me Better Call Saul is slightly worse. (It's still an excellent show however so totally recommend.) Bob Odenkirk is an awesome actor. 

the last couple of seasons are on par with breaking bad imo

• Like 1