Eloy Out 6-8 Weeks

Chick Mercedes

MLBTR update:

Michael Conforto Undergoes Season-Ending Shoulder Surgery

By  |  at 

Michael Conforto underwent surgery on his right shoulder earlier this week, the New York Post’s Jon Heyman reports (via Twitter).  Conforto will be sidelined for the entire 2022 season but is expected to be ready for Spring Training

13 hours ago, Flash said:

It was a hypothetical I posited prior to start of '21 season and this Board threw up all over it. Some of the comments in defense of Eloy were hysterical. The majority of posters here have consistently overvalued Eloy from day one, wouldn't surprise me that some here still do.

And once again we are in lock step. I sent a PM to @fathom a while ago explaining my theory on Eloy. If I remember right I always thought it would be his back that gave him problems and that he would never consistently pull the ball.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Over the last 24 days, the Sox have had injuries to the following:

Crochet, Lynn, Giolito, Vaughn, Robert, Moncada, Harrison, Eloy, Pollock

This is insane

Injury prone players get......injured. Crochet was bound to happen. Lynn is getting old and is out of shape. Gio situation was minor. 

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Gavin Sheets earns another life. Man. Eloy. What a kick to the nuts. Not even surprising. Hurts 

I was kind of thinking that his play has earned him playing time but Vaughn should be the regular in LF full time now just as you always wanted and Sheets is going to DH more against RHP .

You just better hope that the last few days when Vaughn collided with infielders doesn't become habitual. If that was Eloy we never would've heard the end of it. With Vaughn it's mostly crickets. I have no problem with people liking Vaughn, he's a very likable player. But usually liking him translates into people disliking Sheets more than is necessary. Sheets can't track down a flyball in the gap and it's Sheets sucks. Sheets isn't given the same rope in the OF that Vaughn is given. Granted Vaughn played LF fairly well last year and the sample size so far is too small to make much of it but Vaughn and Sheets are both racking up negative defensive WAR right now.

We need Sheets LH bat whether or not people want to admit it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

So it's likely Grade 3?  If all goes well, it puts him back at the All Star break.  Madrigal's injury happened in June and would have sidelined him for the rest of the year anyways.

Probably more grade 2 unless they start saying surgery is possible.

1 minute ago, Sambuca said:

Not sure who this guy is, but he’s saying he’s heard surgery.  

If surgery is required, is he out for the season?  

Madrigal tore his in June and he was out until at least November. So if it's anywhere near as bad as his, he's done until at least September. 

35 minutes ago, gogosox1959 said:

MLBTR update:

Michael Conforto Undergoes Season-Ending Shoulder Surgery

By  |  at 

Michael Conforto underwent surgery on his right shoulder earlier this week, the New York Post’s Jon Heyman reports (via Twitter).  Conforto will be sidelined for the entire 2022 season but is expected to be ready for Spring Training

How badly did he fuck up his shoulder? This man just cost himself a ton of money. Nobody will give him anything but a 1 or 2 year deal next year. 

6 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

Not sure who this guy is, but he’s saying he’s heard surgery.  

If surgery is required, is he out for the season?  

Surgery is odd and not done very often. If its a case like Madrigal where is comes off the bone, its done. Makes a big difference if it's at one of the attachment or in the midsubstance of the muscle.

Edited by ptatc

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

How badly did he fuck up his shoulder? This man just cost himself a ton of money. Nobody will give him anything but a 1 or 2 year deal next year. 

Depends on the surgery. A SLAP won't change much. A rotator cuff issue will.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Only the dad of one of the best receivers ever and a Minnesota sports reporter

I apologize for not assuming he was Larry Fitzgerald’s dad, or researching to find out myself.  I was more concerned with Eloy’s hamstring.  

I think we need to be real here. If Eloy was gonna go through the motions and be what he was in 2021, he is extremely replaceable. He doesn't play defense. If he doesn't post an OPS above .850, his value really isn't anything to write home about. Him getting injured again really sucks and it really hinders his development. But until he takes the next step and proves himself to be the hitter he was touted as, he is a bust and I don't think we can rely on him to be a part of the core in the future. Eloy was always gonna need to be a .900+ OPS guy to be considered a star. He simply just does not do anything else well. Him turning into a huge ground ball hitter really neglects his ability to hit the ball hard. Until he can fix that and stay healthy, you really can't count on him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

I apologize for not assuming he was Larry Fitzgerald’s dad, or researching to find out myself.  I was more concerned with Eloy’s hamstring.  

I know, I was actually joking about it because when his son played, I think the broadcasters were legally required to mention his dad was a sports reporter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I think we need to be real here. If Eloy was gonna go through the motions and be what he was in 2021, he is extremely replaceable. He doesn't play defense. If he doesn't post an OPS above .850, his value really isn't anything to write home about. Him getting injured again really sucks and it really hinders his development. But until he takes the next step and proves himself to be the hitter he was touted as, he is a bust and I don't think we can rely on him to be a part of the core in the future. Eloy was always gonna need to be a .900+ OPS guy to be considered a star. He simply just does not do anything else well. Him turning into a huge ground ball hitter really neglects his ability to hit the ball hard. Until he can fix that and stay healthy, you really can't count on him.

Thank god Cease looks good.  Eloy needs a change of scenery to a place like Toronto.  I can’t see how the Sox ever count on him again.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

Thank god Cease looks good.  Eloy needs a change of scenery to a place like Toronto.  I can’t see how the Sox ever count on him again.

He's not gonna have a lot of trade value since he starts making a decent amount of money stating next year. 

• Heads22 changed the title to Eloy Out 6-8 Weeks