Eloy Out 6-8 Weeks

Chick Mercedes

1 hour ago, Polar Bear said:

Eloy pulled up just a tad Friday running to 1B and TLR got on him.  

So Saturday Eloy goes full out on a groundball that he shouldn't be which led to the injury.  

TLR definitely gets the blame.   There is a time and a place to go full out and an easy ground ball to 3B is not one of them especially with the shortened ST and all of the injuries happening again this season across the league and even our team.  

If you recall that play , the 3rd baseman went to 2nd base 1st to get the force out but Leury beat the throw and then the relay to 1st base still got Eloy after he half-assed it in a close game where 2 runners on might have been the difference.

59 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

If he is allegedly 30 pounds overweight, yes my belief is he doesn't care. How else do you get 30 pounds overweight? By caring a lot about your craft and eating right? 

Allegedly 30 pounds overweight? Have you heard Eloy/the training staff say that or are you deciding what the right weight is for him?

Serious question btw.

39 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Allegedly 30 pounds overweight? Have you heard Eloy/the training staff say that or are you deciding what the right weight is for him?

Serious question btw.

Are you blind? I didn't say it. Another poster did, and my response was saying *if* he's truly 30 lbs overweight

18 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Are you blind? I didn't say it. Another poster did, and my response was saying *if* he's truly 30 lbs overweight

Well then you probably should have led off with the fact that you were basing this off of a random rumor from an internet message board, you know, rather than saying:

2 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Why should he care? He got his money

58 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Yeah, I have no interest in helping you better articulate your shitty hot takes.

Carry on with your baseless judgmental nonsense.

Someone said he's 30 pounds overweight. The next post (mine) commented on it. It's not hard to find my post

41 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Someone said he's 30 pounds overweight. The next post (mine) commented on it. It's not hard to find my post

We’re totally misunderstanding each other. It’s fine. I’d rather bond over the shared misery that is being a fan of this team right now.

I don't really care what some think of Eloy or his injuries.. Without him in the line-up, this team is less interesting to some fans (including those who go to a lot of games, like me) , and more importantly, Eloy  will be missed by  certain WSox players including Abreu,  Moncada, and Robert.

• Like 3

During the off season I said they needed to trade him to fill other holes on the team like they did going into the '05 season.  It's even more upsetting now. 

First it was, he is going to hurt himself trying to play Left Field.  Now he can't even run the bases without getting hurt.  Guess that probably blows up the idea that if he's a DH only he might play a full season.  Ugh.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, soulfly said:

During the off season I said they needed to trade him to fill other holes on the team like they did going into the '05 season.  It's even more upsetting now. 

First it was, he is going to hurt himself trying to play Left Field.  Now he can't even run the bases without getting hurt.  Guess that probably blows up the idea that if he's a DH only he might play a full season.  Ugh.

You can make the same case for Robert. He's hurt himself twice running to first.

11 hours ago, elrockinMT said:
1 hour ago, ptatc said:

You can make the same case for Robert. He's hurt himself twice running to first.

Moncada, Robert and Eloy are always grimacing after swings and whenever they give max running effort.

I’ve  never seen so many players get hurt running to first and sliding into bases. These guys are all too tightly wound.