7/7 Tigers @ Sox, 7:10 PM

SoxBlanco

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Pollock lining out was tough luck, but you don't deserve good outcomes when you bunt in that situation & bat Pollock 2nd against a RHP

It goes back to Tony consistently puts his players in as bad a spot as any mgr I have ever seen. From poor to limited shifts, to not holding others accountable (including his coaches), to awful lineup construction and use of pinch runners/defenders etc. the list is so freaking long. 

Almost makes this squad feel like the black Sox with how many little things they almost purposefully to (players included with their poor base runner, lazy defense, giveaway at bats) that you might just say they are fixing games. 

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

It goes back to Tony consistently puts his players in as bad a spot as any mgr I have ever seen. From poor to limited shifts, to not holding others accountable (including his coaches), to awful lineup construction and use of pinch runners/defenders etc. the list is so freaking long. 

Almost makes this squad feel like the black Sox with how many little things they almost purposefully to (players included with their poor base runner, lazy defense, giveaway at bats) that you might just say they are fixing games. 

Your two most important jobs as manager are managing the actual clubhouse, and maximizing your guys chances of success. No one would ever argue TLR is doing the latter.

Just now, Soxfest said:

Yesterday’s win sure sparked the team 

We need to accept that nothing will spark them. The amount of great moments followed by them shitting the bed this team has had is crazy.

1 minute ago, Spumoni said:

We need to accept that nothing will spark them. The amount of great moments followed by them shitting the bed this team has had is crazy.

They look like a team that was convinced they could flip the switch whenever and then when they tried to flip the switch, there was no power

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I usually don’t think a mgr/hitting coach change does much - but in this case I could see the team going on a crazy run post change. So clear at the lack of energy and buy in on LaRussa and my gut is players just roll there eyes all day every day at the stuff that goes on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Taking a pitcher out before he implodes….interesting strategy. Wish we could have had a manager like this forward thinking guy……wait…

According to the initial hiring announcement, we did!