Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Please don’t be the White Sox for either.  Pham can’t hit RHP.

Also can only play LF and not well.

So the Sox would inevitably stick him in CF or RF. 

Keep him away from strip clubs and "too rich for most everyone" fantasy baseball as well.

Plus you're definitely gonna get never-ending target Joc Pederson now.

But a formerly big name. Well sorta. 3-4 years ago would have been exciting.

Just now, 2Deep said:

Maybe the white sox will get Tommy pham and joc Pederson and they can start up a fantasy football league. We are going to need to do something in September.

Maybe that's what Hahn was asking Liam about. "Do you think you can keep these 2 guys in check if we get them both and start a clubhouse fantasy league?"

• Haha 1

Cleveland is fucking stupid. This AL central is theirs if they want it. They  have the best bullpen in this division, they're lineup consist of guys that put the ball in play and they hit enough home runs, they're starting pitching is good enough. If they would go get a couple of bats they would run away with this division.

• Fire 1

Just now, 2Deep said:

Cleveland is fucking stupid. This AL central is theirs if they want it. They  have the best bullpen in this division, they're lineup consist of guys that put the ball in play and they hit enough home runs, they're starting pitching is good enough. If they would go get a couple of bats they would run away with this division.

The problem is that their owners are cheap. Cheaper than Jerry. 

9 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

They should go after Willson Contreras , he’s exactly what they lack 

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

yes - he had a career first half, and now it's likely to revert to the mean.  I look at his career.  He's average.  He's hyped, always has been, but he's a 1-2 WAR player.

And yet many times players do improve at his age in his prime. Players are not always what they were. You can find negatives in a lot of players when you look for them. Simplest thing in the world to do is say you don't like this or that guy.

Someone on here called Martin Perez a bum because of his career prior to this year, a guy with a 2.59 ERA and 3.07 FIP  a bum !

Chris Drury, nothing career till this year, bam he's playing lights out.

Happ changed his whole style into making more contact and getting on base and its worked fro him. Not as many HR's but already a career high in doubles. Sox could use a lot more doubles. Very competent from both sides of the plate. If Moncada could switch hit as well with Happs numbers and stay on the field like Happ we'd be thrilled.

Hey it's cool lets keep playing DH's in the OF with Adam Engel and Leury Garcia and Hahns legedary pickup from the Kimbrel disaster Pollock.

I'm sure you would've found plenty wrong with Adam Duvall, Jorge Soloer, Eddie Rosario and Joc Pederson too when the Braves got them last year.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Yet they're listening on Civale Plesac and even Bieber for possible trades.

Bieber would be a shocker, though.

Cleveland knows they have no chance even if they win the division. They aren’t trading prospects for fools gold. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

What he said about Cleveland is true about the Sox and Twins as well though. 

Actually I think the Sox think they still have a chance. They don’t, but I think they think they do. 

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

What in the world is dreamy about a 33 YO SP with an ERA and FIP just below 5 since the start of 2021?  Not sure why the Sox would want Hendricks. 

Outside of Crochet, what you listed off for the Sox is pretty close to worthless and probably isn't getting you anything from the Cubs you listed outside of perhaps Givens and Robertson. 

A rebuilding team can afford guys like Burger, Sheets, Lambert, Martin, and Zavala.  I wasn't suggesting we were going to trade all the people from both sides.  You already admit that Givens and  Robertson qualify.  My bet is Happ and Contreras would come up in discussions as well.  Hendricks is very "dreamy" compared to Q if I am trying to win a few extra games.  My "dreamy" remark is because I have doubts we have the right pieces for that transaction.  Overall my primary point is the Cubs and WS make reasonable trading partners.