Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

Just now, bmags said:

With Robert mysteriously dying I feel like laureano to Sox more likely

It's interesting that Hahn was talking to Hendriks about possible additions' effects on the clubhouse. I immediately started thinking of Laureano cause he does seem to be a bit of a shady character with his PED use and that fight he got into with the Astros a few years ago. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

It's interesting that Hahn was talking to Hendriks about possible additions' effects on the clubhouse. I immediately started thinking of Laureano cause he does seem to be a bit of a shady character with his PED use and that fight he got into with the Astros a few years ago. 

Ketel marte anyone?

29 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It's one month out of a season. There is always variance . He and Willson Contreras also crushed it in June. Contreras was really bad in July compared to Happ. If you worry about month to month variance in stats you'd never make trades.

yes - he had a career first half, and now it's likely to revert to the mean.  I look at his career.  He's average.  He's hyped, always has been, but he's a 1-2 WAR player.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Apparently Juan Soto is not a guy the Sox would be willing to spend on. Guess they could trick Jerry into the idea that Ohtani plays two spots and they can go up to Jerry's Max for 1 player twice.

Go after marlins lopez wont cost much and they can add a bullpen arm 

17 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

Maybe I'm misremembering, but didn't it used to be more teams trying to get closer to the first place teams?  Now it's the Yankees, Astros, and Dodgers, already way ahead of everybody, going after everybody good that's available.

Its something we will never see under this regime. Trying to get as good as possible instead of just hopefully good enough.  The White Sox owner and front office lack killer instinct.  It is no wonder the team always lacks it as well. 2011 the slogan was we're all in. Compare that roster to some of these.

These guys are still living off 2005. It's time to move on.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1