White Sox among 'most agressive' teams in pitching market

southsider2k5

8 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So u want to rebuild again and the multiple championship window is closed after 2 years and nothing resembling the multiple championships and sustained success that was supposed to happen. Am I getting this right ?

Trading some combination of Lynn, Abreu, Hendriks, and a reliever isn’t rebuilding IMO. It’s taking a premium return and extending your window while keeping your core players. We can reform the team in the offseason without having to pay 120c on the dollar. We cannot supplement the roster and fix a fundamentally flawed team this deadline. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

Trading some combination of Lynn, Abreu, Hendriks, and a reliever isn’t rebuilding IMO. It’s taking a premium return and extending your window while keeping your core players. We can reform the team in the offseason without having to pay 120c on the dollar. We cannot supplement the roster and fix a fundamentally flawed team this deadline. 

It is going to be very difficult to “reform” this team in the offseason. With a few assumptions about arb offers going to guys like Cease, Kopech, Giolito, and Engel - I count over $160 million committed to this payroll next year - and that’s without either Cueto or Abreu. Their 2022 payroll is about $190 million. I count them having spent about $40 million last offseason on adding guys - next offseason you lose your most effective bat, second most effective starter, and you have $30 million to replace them if there’s no payroll cut and if you actually let both walk. 

Basically, the bad money spent on Keuchel this year gets redistributed among a bunch of mandatory raises. This is not going to be easy at all.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, wegner said:

My fear is that Colas and Montgomery are precisely the ones made available for a squad that is not good enough to win this season unless you think they can be used to get Soto?  If they are getting a difference making superstar for 2 1/2 years then I can see that argument.

Every year there are disappointing baseball teams.  What have you seen to make you think this is much more than a .500 club this season?  This is not the season to get aggressive.  Just my opinion.

That's the whole point. If not this season when ? Do you think it's going to get better next year ? The year after ? This might be it for a while.

I'll tell you what I see. I see a team that lost a lot of time to injury and some miserable decisions by the front office since the trade deadline last year.

Eloy as usual hurts the most. Supposed to be a big bat ,has been a big disappointment and his absence has ruined the offense. But he is healthy now.  Time to put on his big boy pants. I don't really want to see Vaughn on the bench very often but DH is the only place for him but if we don't get a LF I guess that's where to alternate him and Vaughn DH/LF. It's either that or find a way to trade him, Vaughn or Pollock and I'd really like to keep Vaughn.

Moncada , another guy whose injuries and performance have killed the offense. But now he looks healthy. A good 2nd half from him goes a long way to helping the team balance the lineup .It's not asking too much of Yoyo to hit as many HR's as Jake Burger is it ? He's been good for the last 2 weeks, just stay that way.

Grandal another dismal 1st half. But he's back to add more LH punch . Since coming back hitting .421, 8/19 and 1 walk in 5 games. The HR stroke can't be too far behind right ? I'd like to see Yas tie  Sheets for HR's on the season with 7. Gotta hit 5 Yas.

Pollock, 3.1 fWar last year. 2nd best offensive season of his career at age 33. Bam comes to the Sox at age 34 and puts up the worst offensive numbers of his whole career. Here's another guy who should have a strong 2nd half. He has had some late clutch hits for the Sox but still need him hitting and getting on base more.

Those are 4 pretty good players who really should rebound from nothing 1st halves to pretty good 2nd halves. They all have played a big part in how bad the offense has been.

If Hahn can manage not to screw up, add some LH/SH OF help like Happ and assume he doesn't bomb that's a big improvement over Sheets in RF . But he's not really a RF he belongs in LF . So who is going to play RF ?

Oscar Colas. Yea I know . Impossible, too raw, not ready. He's more than ready defensively. Big arm, decent speed. Put him next to Robert  and put Happ in LF and now we're talking. He's almost 24, already older than Juan Soto, so I'm not worried about his clock starting. Put him around some of his fellow Cubans and see what happens. You're not going to ruin him letting him face MLB pitching. It didn't ruin Vaughn. He'll have Cuban familia around him. People on here talk about Gallo because he can play defense and hit bombs even if he bats less than .200. If people are willing just to get that, then they should be willing to accept Colas. Bring him up Sept 12th and plug him in and see what happens. Of course there's still TLR to contend with but tell him to play him every day. It's only to the end of the season if he's brought up in Sept.

Joey Wendle . 32 yrs old multi position player LH .Mutual option for 2023. Get him to be the strong side of a platoon with Harrison. 110 career wRC+ against RHP 116 this year. He isn't a detriment in the field at 2nd base but probably a bit below Harrison.

This post is probably too long already but Mr. Wegner asked me what I see , so I won't get into pitching, but a lefty starter and BP piece can be found if someone takes Eloy or use other minor league pieces not named Montgomery and Colas. We'd still have Pollock, Vaughn,  Colas , Robert , Engel and Happ (hopefully) for the OF/DH. What I also see is more .500 baseball for many years ahead from next year on if changes aren't made so why not see if some of those changes can work this year ? Ether way we still have to rely on Hahn to fix the mess  that he and injuries have created.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 hour ago, NCsoxfan said:

Abreu old and counted out so often but yet he's still the best hitter on the team. Lynn, one of the really nice trades Hahn has made but now in the doghouse because he hasn't had a miraculous rebound from his time off. Hendriks is a great closer. Trade Lynn, Cueto leaves . Giolito leaves after next year. What are you getting back for these guys ? JR doesn't pay for top of the line pitching. Lynn cost 1 prospect and made less than $10M when the Sox got him . Cueto cost $3.32 M. Gio, Kopech and Cease came in rebuild trades so if you're only trading old guys and not cost controlled younger vets where is the top of the line pitching coming from ?

The core ? Keep the core of who among the position players ? Robert great , Eloy , good luck with that, Moncada ,he hasn't been much help this year so far. Hopefully he can turn it around for a long time. Vaughn great,you really think the Sox trade Abreu ? Which contender needs a 1st baseman  ? Which terrible teams want to give up youth for a guy his age ?

Hendriks sure all contenders can use him but what' the return going to look like ? MLB ready or low minors guys ? Yay more prospects who won't immediately help and you're going to need immediately help without any starting pitcher and without a closer.

Plus after you do all this how in the hell do you expect to contend ? That's the point isn't it ,to contend , to make the playoffs? We're already .500 with the core and you're taking away the best older guys for I don't know what kind of return you're expecting . What prospects in the minors do you see as contributors soon enough to help the core you're keeping and leaving without any starting pitching and no closer ? Sounds like a less than .500 team to me. Sounds like a mini rebuild that'll just make the team worse but great the farm will be ranked from 25th or so now to what, 20th after these moves ? Might as well go full rebuild again if that's the plan.

You can't fix the team in 2 sentences . Sure it's that easy to rid yourself of veterans for a "Premium" return to extend the window . That's super vague and doesn't even work as a theory. Reform the team ?  Love that . Please you have to do better than that.

39 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That's the whole point. If not this season when ? Do you think it's going to get better next year ? The year after ? This might be it for a while.

I'll tell you what I see. I see a team that lost a lot of time to injury and some miserable decisions by the front office since the trade deadline last year.

Eloy as usual hurts the most. Supposed to be a big bat ,has been a big disappointment and his absence has ruined the offense. But he is healthy now.  Time to put on his big boy pants. I don't really want to see Vaughn on the bench very often but DH is the only place for him but if we don't get a LF I guess that's where to alternate him and Vaughn DH/LF. It's either that or find a way to trade him, Vaughn or Pollock and I'd really like to keep Vaughn.

Moncada , another guy whose injuries and performance have killed the offense. But now he looks healthy. A good 2nd half from him goes a long way to helping the team balance the lineup .It's not asking too much of Yoyo to hit as many HR's as Jake Burger is it ? He's been good for the last 2 weeks, just stay that way.

Grandal another dismal 1st half. But he's back to add more LH punch . Since coming back hitting .421, 8/19 and 1 walk in 5 games. The HR stroke can't be too far behind right ? I'd like to see Yas tie  Sheets for HR's on the season with 7. Gotta hit 5 Yas.

Pollock, 3.1 fWar last year. 2nd best offensive season of his career at age 33. Bam comes to the Sox at age 34 and puts up the worst offensive numbers of his whole career. Here's another guy who should have a strong 2nd half. He has had some late clutch hits for the Sox but still need him hitting and getting on base more.

Those are 4 pretty good players who really should rebound from nothing 1st halves to pretty good 2nd halves. They all have played a big part in how bad the offense has been.

If Hahn can manage not to screw up, add some LH/SH OF help like Happ and assume he doesn't bomb that's a big improvement over Sheets in RF . But he's not really a RF he belongs in LF . So who is going to play RF ?

Oscar Colas. Yea I know . Impossible, too raw, not ready. He's more than ready defensively. Big arm, decent speed. Put him next to Robert  and put Happ in LF and now we're talking. He's almost 24, already older than Juan Soto, so I'm not worried about his clock starting. Put him around some of his fellow Cubans and see what happens. You're not going to ruin him letting him face MLB pitching. It didn't ruin Vaughn. He'll have Cuban familia around him. People on here talk about Gallo because he can play defense and hit bombs even if he bats less than .200. If people are willing just to get that, then they should be willing to accept Colas. Bring him up Sept 12th and plug him in and see what happens. Of course there's still TLR to contend with but tell him to play him every day. It's only to the end of the season if he's brought up in Sept.

Joey Wendle . 32 yrs old multi position player LH .Mutual option for 2023. Get him to be the strong side of a platoon with Harrison. 110 career wRC+ against RHP 116 this year. He isn't a detriment in the field at 2nd base but probably a bit below Harrison.

This post is probably too long already but Mr. Wegner asked me what I see , so I won't get into pitching, but a lefty starter and BP piece can be found if someone takes Eloy or use other minor league pieces not named Montgomery and Colas. We'd still have Pollock, Vaughn,  Colas , Robert , Engel and Happ (hopefully) for the OF/DH. What I also see is more .500 baseball for many years ahead from next year on if changes aren't made so why not see if some of those changes can work this year ? Ether way we still have to rely on Hahn to fix the mess  that he and injuries have created.

Ok, Cali I am ready to give it a try this season.  I do not want to trade Colas and Montgomery though.  I am with you in bringing up Colas along with some other changes. 

As a whole I do still believe that this is not the season to go all in and yes next year might be the better year to do it since you asked if not now then when.  This team seems a bit snake bitten this year and that could all change next year with a much better off season than we had this last off season.  We also need to get rid of Mennechino and his philosophy.

Playoff baseball is better than nonplayoff baseball so if we get there for a 3rd straight year, great.  And an Atlanta Brave like turnaround to play great baseball at the end of the season is always a possibility.

I am done complaining and will sit back and watch what Hahn and company do.

By the way, my father was Mr. Wegner (if that was really my name) :cool:

Edited by wegner
  • Hawk 1

22 minutes ago, wegner said:

Ok, Cali I am ready to give it a try this season.  I do not want to trade Colas and Montgomery though.  I am with you in bringing up Colas along with some other changes. 

As a whole I do still believe that this is not the season to go all in and yes next year might be the better year to do it since you asked if not now then when.  This team seems a bit snake bitten this year and that could all change next year with a much better off season than we had this last off season.  We also need to get rid of Mennechino and his philosophy.

Playoff baseball is better than nonplayoff baseball so if we get there for a 3rd straight year, great.  And an Atlanta Brave like turnaround to play great baseball at the end of the season is always a possibility.

I am done complaining and will sit back and watch what Hahn and company do.

By the way, my father was Mr. Wegner (if that was really my name) :cool:

I know what I have outlined is a long shot. I mean a really long shot. It depends on a bunch of guys having better 2nd halves and also on 4 acquisitions + Colas + Lynn and Gio that also perform well in the 2nd half. Not only that but the acquisitions that I want  ! LOL who the hell knows what acquisitions Hahn actually makes.  but I just don't see things getting better after this year. The Sox already have too many payrolls commitments  with arb raises coming and still needing starting pitching when Cueto leaves.

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I know what I have outlined is a long shot. I mean a really long shot. It depends on a bunch of guys having better 2nd halves and also on 4 acquisitions + Colas + Lynn and Gio that also perform well in the 2nd half. Not only that but the acquisitions that I want  ! LOL who the hell knows what acquisitions Hahn actually makes.  but I just don't see things getting better after this year. The Sox already have too many payrolls commitments  with arb raises coming and still needing starting pitching when Cueto leaves.

You know in hindsight, 2020 might have been the year to make moves in season.  If they would have added some starting pitching, they get past Oakland and they really could have won it all especially if Abreu got as hot as he was during that shortened season.  Oh well, that is behind us.  Let's see what they do going forward.  It should at least be interesting.

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

You know in hindsight, 2020 might have been the year to make moves in season.  If they would have added some starting pitching, they get past Oakland and they really could have won it all especially if Abreu got as hot as he was during that shortened season.  Oh well, that is behind us.  Let's see what they do going forward.  It should at least be interesting.

I'd have to look at threads from that time but I'm pretty sure I was advocating moves then too. I think more people were worried about ruining the upcoming window going for it in 2020 so I found just as much resistance to going for it then as I am now.

My theories have always been the Sox are gonna Sox and screw everything up so go for it when you can. Nobody believed me then and still everyone thinks this is a lost season and they will miraculously turn things around next year with a little retooling . I didn't understand it then and I don't understand it now.

55 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Abreu old and counted out so often but yet he's still the best hitter on the team. Lynn, one of the really nice trades Hahn has made but now in the doghouse because he hasn't had a miraculous rebound from his time off. Hendriks is a great closer. Trade Lynn, Cueto leaves . Giolito leaves after next year. What are you getting back for these guys ? JR doesn't pay for top of the line pitching. Lynn cost 1 prospect and made less than $10M when the Sox got him . Cueto cost $3.32 M. Gio, Kopech and Cease came in rebuild trades so if you're only trading old guys and not cost controlled younger vets where is the top of the line pitching coming from ?

The core ? Keep the core of who among the position players ? Robert great , Eloy , good luck with that, Moncada ,he hasn't been much help this year so far. Hopefully he can turn it around for a long time. Vaughn great,you really think the Sox trade Abreu ? Which contender needs a 1st baseman  ? Which terrible teams want to give up youth for a guy his age ?

Hendriks sure all contenders can use him but what' the return going to look like ? MLB ready or low minors guys ? Yay more prospects who won't immediately help and you're going to need immediately help without any starting pitcher and without a closer.

Plus after you do all this how in the hell do you expect to contend ? That's the point isn't it ,to contend , to make the playoffs? We're already .500 with the core and you're taking away the best older guys for I don't know what kind of return you're expecting . What prospects in the minors do you see as contributors soon enough to help the core you're keeping and leaving without any starting pitching and no closer ? Sounds like a less than .500 team to me. Sounds like a mini rebuild that'll just make the team worse but great the farm will be ranked from 25th or so now to what, 20th after these moves ? Might as well go full rebuild again if that's the plan.

You can't fix the team in 2 sentences . Sure it's that easy to rid yourself of veterans for a "Premium" return to extend the window . That's super vague and doesn't even work as a theory. Reform the team ?  Love that . Please you have to do better than that.

We get paid to give up on contending with the goal of better competing next season. Between reallocating the $ we’d be trading and whoever we get, shoot for maximizing 2023 instead.  

You can’t have it both ways. On one hand you say things like “what would we get for Lynn and Hendriks” but then you said “could we sign similar players in FA?” There’s no question in my mind the combination of signing players in FA plus whatever we’d receive trading some veterans is > running it back with the same guys.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'd have to look at threads from that time but I'm pretty sure I was advocating moves then too. I think more people were worried about ruining the upcoming window going for it in 2020 so I found just as much resistance to going for it then as I am now.

My theories have always been the Sox are gonna Sox and screw everything up so go for it when you can. Nobody believed me then and still everyone thinks this is a lost season and they will miraculously turn things around next year with a little retooling . I didn't understand it then and I don't understand it now.

I'm not gonna lie, I might have been resisting you in 2020 as well.  I don't remember.  If I was, I humbly apologize.....and apologize in advance for fighting your efforts again in 2027 I'm sure.

2 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

We get paid to give up on contending with the goal of better competing next season. Between reallocating the $ we’d be trading and whoever we get, shoot for maximizing 2023 instead.  

You can’t have it both ways. On one hand you say things like “what would we get for Lynn and Hendriks” but then you said “could we sign similar players in FA?” There’s no question in my mind the combination of signing players in FA plus whatever we’d receive trading some veterans is > running it back with the same guys.

I agree on Lynn but disagree on Hendriks. There will be more SP available in FA than closers. That said, I don't think trading Lynn gets you anything good enough to make it worthwhile.

Have to agree with @NCsoxfan. If they are not going full out and bring in difference maker players to fill in holes at 2B, RF and C, and bring in a Castillo or Montas that can help in October, and 1-2 relievers, then I’d prefer they start shedding some of these overpriced underperforming veterans signed the past three years they haven’t yet DFA’d, stick with the younger players they do have, and spend the time and money overhauling the organization with a competent outside professional to bring in quality player development and scouting for the first time in decades.

They spent all this money on adding to Tony’s staff, and players have actually taken a step back. They can’t develop  catchers, infielders, outfielders or relief pitchers the past decade, acquired decent starters externally as well. Have whiffed on Top Five draft picks with nothing to show for it. 

This is no way to legitimately field a “multi championship” roster, which is why industry people looking at this from the outside see a meager chance of 2022 success (1%) and state the prudent path is to sell what you can this week.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

Sorry excuse me for not knowing what you're talking about. I can't follow the having it both ways arguments you seem to think I'm making . You're quoting me as saying " could we sign similar players in FA ?"  I don't remember saying that or much of anything about signing FA's  except for when I said JR doesn't pay for starting pitching. Either way you should probably show me where i said that so I can see the context if I even said it.

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Have to agree with @NCsoxfan. If they are not going full out and bring in difference maker players to fill in holes at 2B, RF and C, and bring in a Castillo or Montas that can help in October, and 1-2 relievers, then I’d prefer they start shedding some of these overpriced underperforming veterans signed the past three years they haven’t yet DFA’d, stick with the younger players they do have, and spend the time and money overhauling the organization with a competent outside professional to bring in quality player development and scouting for the first time in decades.

They spent all this money on adding to Tony’s staff, and players have actually taken a step back. They can’t develop  catchers, infielders, outfielders or relief pitchers the past decade, acquired decent starters externally as well. Have whiffed on Top Five draft picks with nothing to show for it. 

This is no way to legitimately field a “multi championship” roster, which is why industry people looking at this from the outside see a meager chance of 2022 success (1%) and state the prudent path is to sell what you can this week.

I don't think you actually are agreeing with him. He mentioned trading 3 guys for premium talent and reforming in the off season to extend the window.

If they aren't going to bring in differences makers for this year what makes you think they are going to overhaul the organization when that should've been done before the rebuild ? You're advocating a rebuild and complete tear down of the infrastructure with JR in charge who never spends on fixing infrastructure.

He'll do minor stuff here and there but has never committed to giving Intl. player development any real chance with the no 16 yr old policy. Look how quickly the minors became devoid of any talent. Best scouts and guys from good organizations doesn't happen. Red Sox got Chaim Bloom. I think Minnesota picked up a guy who reshaped Houston. The Dodgers has been poached a little bit but not by the Sox. Same for Tampa Bay , nobody from them either.

NCsoxfan said reform in the offseason to extend the window . That's not even close to what you're suggesting.

48 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'm not gonna lie, I might have been resisting you in 2020 as well.  I don't remember.  If I was, I humbly apologize.....and apologize in advance for fighting your efforts again in 2027 I'm sure.

You don't owe me an apology at all. Ever since Covid started I've been saying well isn't this wonderful. It's just the Sox luck to be attempting a rebuild during a pandemic and what was then the looming CBA agrrement and keeping the same guys in charge who messed up the team in the 1st place all while doing nothing to change the infrastructure of the organization. Then they do us a real solid and hire TLR and follow it up with the trade deadline mess and the off season from hell while spending gobs of money on relief pitching and still keeping the position players mainly right handed and hiring Menchino who's hitting philosophy doesnt suit our ball park. Throw in a crap ton of injuries and voila , here we are.

Unfortunately I saw the writing on the wall and was hoping that they would shove  my words down my throat.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I don't think you actually are agreeing with him. He mentioned trading 3 guys for premium talent and reforming in the off season to extend the window.

If they aren't going to bring in differences makers for this year what makes you think they are going to overhaul the organization when that should've been done before the rebuild ? You're advocating a rebuild and complete tear down of the infrastructure with JR in charge who never spends on fixing infrastructure.

He'll do minor stuff here and there but has never committed to giving Intl. player development any real chance with the no 16 yr old policy. Look how quickly the minors became devoid of any talent. Best scouts and guys from good organizations doesn't happen. Red Sox got Chaim Bloom. I think Minnesota picked up a guy who reshaped Houston. The Dodgers has been poached a little bit but not by the Sox. Same for Tampa Bay , nobody from them either.

NCsoxfan said reform in the offseason to extend the window . That's not even close to what you're suggesting.

What NC stated is what I’ve been suggesting since 2020. Sign / trade for quality younger players, stop relying on expensive players on their last deal, move some of these veterans you’ve accumulated and bring in quality younger replacements who can contribute now.

In terms of this week, what I’m saying is either go big with a half dozen of the best players available or stand pat, even sell a few of the 35ish guys that quite frankly have not nor will not contribute to any “multi championship” contending team. The Sox have not had a legitimate multi championship quality roster since the Larry Hines teams, which he got shitcanned like Dale Tallon for his efforts, and were in part sabotaged by Jerry on his quest to crush the players union.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

What NC stated is what I’ve been suggesting since 2020. Sign / trade for quality younger players, stop relying on expensive players on their last deal, move some of these veterans you’ve accumulated and bring in quality younger replacements who can contribute now.

In terms of this week, what I’m saying is either go big with a half dozen of the best players available or stand pat, even sell a few of the 35ish guys that quite frankly have not nor will not contribute to any “multi championship” contending team. The Sox have not had a legitimate multi championship quality roster since the Larry Hines teams, which he got shitcanned like Dale Tallon for his efforts, and were in part sabotaged by Jerry on his quest to crush the players union.

In 2020 sure that would've worked, not now. It's called a rebuild when you're supposed to be in the middle of the best year to win the World Series. 2020 and 2021was the we got to the playoffs stage 22 and 23 where supposed to be the years we could win it all. He suggested the window will continue next year by reforming when the Sox are playing .500 ball since last August. Our window is officially over with the series of disastrous moves since TLR was hired while not firing Hahn and everyone else before the rebuild and bombing the infrastructure.

Neither the moves you or I or NCfan suggest are likely to happen. If they were movies my suggestions for this year mine would be "Long Shot . Yours and his suggestions would be "Mission Impossible".  Doesn't matter ,we're .500 now and likely to stay that way no matter who agrees with who. I just want the best for this year, any other suggestions are just spitting into the win and wanting to pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger because the muck of mediocrity is already up to our chins.

• Hawk 1

21 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

In 2020 sure that would've worked, not now. It's called a rebuild when you're supposed to be in the middle of the best year to win the World Series. 2020 and 2021was the we got to the playoffs stage 22 and 23 where supposed to be the years we could win it all. He suggested the window will continue next year by reforming when the Sox are playing .500 ball since last August. Our window is officially over with the series of disastrous moves since TLR was hired while not firing Hahn and everyone else before the rebuild and bombing the infrastructure.

Neither the moves you or I or NCfan suggest are likely to happen. If they were movies my suggestions for this year mine would be "Long Shot . Yours and his suggestions would be "Mission Impossible".  Doesn't matter ,we're .500 now and likely to stay that way no matter who agrees with who. I just want the best for this year, any other suggestions are just spitting into the win and wanting to pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger because the muck of mediocrity is already up to our chins.

I agree our suggestions won’t happen, it’s just what I personally think is the best course of action. Fun to discuss 

• Hawk 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Damn the Indians maybe are the worst franchise in baseball to their 7 fans.

Yup, their owners suck but are smart enough to hire good baseball people to run things.  There is zero business they should be ahead of us right in the standings, but alas we got Rick Hahn & Tony La Russa running the ship.

24 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It's what I was calling for two years ago, and why I was critical of the philosophy of tying up money on top contracts to Grandal, Keuchel, Lynn (trade made sense, didn't like the extension), and lessor deals with Eaton, Harrison and others which were never was going to solve anything. 

Primarily hoping to avoid giving up a Vaughn, Colas, Montgomery, Ramos etc. for fools gold at this stage.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yup, their owners suck but are smart enough to hire good baseball people to run things.  There is zero business they should be ahead of us right in the standings, but alas we got Rick Hahn & Tony La Russa running the ship.

The White Sox resources with the Guardians front office + coaching + player dev staff would win the AL Central every year.

• Like 3