GT 8/3: Outfielders? We don't need no stinking outfielders!

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Aww good line, but Caulfield is a good guy,. He can't help it though to comment on the padres and also attendance figures of the Sox and other MLB teams.

I think it's relevant some of the things he brings up. Sox front office sucks and can't get anything done. Preller gets things done. People taking cheap shots at an educator with vast knowledge is in poor taste. He contributes a lot to this board. Certainly a lot more than the majority of fans here whose only contributions are uninformed ranting in games threads about why this or that reliever wasn't brought in.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Mods, can we make a Padres sub forum for Caulfied to talk to himself please?

According to mod report, 24% of your likes and Sacamano are complaining about me.

Something to be quite proud of.

Did you also report Ron for talking about the Cubs so much...and all the fans in that thread who are quiting the White Sox soon like Texsox, lol?

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

39 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I think it's relevant some of the things he brings up. Sox front office sucks and can't get anything done. Preller gets things done. People taking cheap shots at an educator with vast knowledge is in poor taste. He contributes a lot to this board. Certainly a lot more than the majority of fans here whose only contributions are uninformed ranting in games threads about why this or that reliever wasn't brought in.

Don't know about vast knowledge, but I at least constantly watch all the teams and players that I am commenting upon.

We all have some over the top ideas, but I honestly think 25% of the posters here could do a better job than Hahn or especially LaRussa with the right information. 

The irony now to me is that both baseball/professional sports work and assisting students with university personal essays/Common App has gone the way of only Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard Yale Stanford degrees.

Georgia Southern Ohio U and UMass were the three three best sports admin programs in the early 90s when I went, but those degrees and especially English at University of Iowa are worthless now.  But wouldn't trade all my life experiences and travel for anything.

That said, almost everyone here has all kinds of unique experiences and insights to share.  When things are going well it's sort of like an online family and connection to home/the US. I do feel the divide or chasm between Gen X and the two subsequent generations is widening by the day, unfortunately.  This board is a good example.  And that's fine, leaders from the Baby Boomers and X screwed up lots of things and aren't leaving a better world behind, which is probably more important than how Rick Hahn influences my everyday life.

Edited by caulfield12