Luis Robert hurt. Again.

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Something we call the worst possible strategy in August? I mean you basically just guaranteed it. You can bump this if it doesn’t happen!

I have little doubt the Sox will misplay the situation. But if the plan is for Colas to be on the Opening Day 2023 roster, he should be in Chicago already. It’s just really not that complicated. 

In an ideal world, we have a full new set of folks making these decisions in 2023, but White Sox. 

27 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Pissing him off? Who cares what he thinks. He’s controlled by the White Sox for 6 mlb seasons, but really 7 if they don’t make stupid short sighted decisions. There isn’t a single good reason to bring Colas to the big leagues before late April 2023. By the time he’s a FA, if he’s still holding a grudge from a non call up in 2022 when he was hardly even a top 100 prospect, there are bigger issues at play. 

Now, peak stupidity would be to not bring him up this season, and then put him on the OD roster in 23, I will give you that. 

Well you missed the point with the Cuban connection. Pissing him off is not the concern for 7 years from now. It's the concern in the now and how the Sox handle Cuban players. ie one of the best Cubans ever available right now and the Sox aren't connected to him. Probably doesn't have to do with Colas in that case but I can't imagine a 23 year old with professional experience wailing down in single A played very well.

And now he's turning 24. I'm not sure why we're overly concerned with his 31 year old self. He'll provide more value to see what he actually has going into the off-season than anything.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Well you missed the point with the Cuban connection. Pissing him off is not the concern for 7 years from now. It's the concern in the now and how the Sox handle Cuban players. ie one of the best Cubans ever available right now and the Sox aren't connected to him. Probably doesn't have to do with Colas in that case but I can't imagine a 23 year old with professional experience wailing down in single A played very well.

And now he's turning 24. I'm not sure why we're overly concerned with his 31 year old self. He'll provide more value to see what he actually has going into the off-season than anything.

I really don’t think it would do much, if any, damage to their Cuban pipeline. 

• 2 weeks later...