Curious - Season Tickets

he gone.

Plz only answer if you have season tickets, Are you renewing yours (honestly)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Are you renewing your package?

• Yes
    • No
    • Less games

Plz answer if you have season tickets. And also please be honest. Like i know it's en vogue to say you're cancelling, but let's say they go out and somehow trade for Ohtani or fire Tony, or actually make a big splash in FA ... are you still confident in your answer?

I know for me my answer is a definitive NO. I've been sharing/bouncing around 6-15 games for a few years now but I can't even get face value for the games. Even besides the fact they stink, are no fun to watch and bring me no joy i also look as an investment and i can't find ppl to go to the games with and can't get my money back. would rather just pick a few games based on weather, series, pitching matchups, etc. rather than be locked into a set of games. 

I'm just curious to see what the take is on the board. I know some people are invested for 5, 10, 20 years on tickets and just wondering is this the breaking point? I'm not naive to think we all go back on our words ... but I've given this franchise a good 25 years now and save a few years ... not many have been all that fun/enjoyable. 

• Fire 1

The White Sox are a business and should be treated like it. They have alienated their fanbase and act like they are cockroaches all the while providing them a below average product for years. Any other business would fail. 

White Sox fans should treat this organization like any other business. Shit product? Don't buy it. 

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

17 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

The White Sox are a business and should be treated like it. They have alienated their fanbase and act like they are cockroaches all the while providing them a below average product for years. Any other business would fail. 

White Sox fans should treat this organization like any other business. Shit product? Don't buy it. 

I think historically speaking, this is exactly what Sox fans have done. Someone posted that attendance chart a few days ago....by far the most games attended by 35,000+ was 2006, then 2007, then 2008...then it really started to fall off. 

Unfortunately we haven't had many good teams to support, certainly not teams with sustained success season after season, but the small data set we do have to go off of...Sox fans will come in droves if you put together a good team. 

1 hour ago, reiks12 said:

Completely agree with your last sentence but keep in mind with the tons of revenue flowing in from domestic and international areas (MLB is now a 10 billion dollar a year business), actual ticket sales/fan attendance isn't as big of a factor as it was in the past.

Still important of course but no longer does it make or break a team.

15 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Completely agree with your last sentence but keep in mind with the tons of revenue flowing in from domestic and international areas (MLB is now a 10 billion dollar a year business), actual ticket sales/fan attendance isn't as big of a factor as it was in the past.

Still important of course but no longer does it make or break a team.

Revenue sharing allows owners like Jerry to put a shit product on the field knowing that he's still making boatloads of money.  He doesn't need the gate sales, but of course he'll still gouge our eyes out on parking and concessions.  

Hell no I'm not renewing.  I still laugh that my old ticket rep made reference to me using credits in the playoffs, like it was a guarantee.  This whole organization can kick rocks.

• Fire 1

Will probably not renew. Once they became a playoff team, they eliminated most of the perks we used to get. Parties, extra tickets, meetings with guys like Hahn. Press guides...now the only thing was an invitation to White Sox BP at my expense. They couldn't even do it on a date when I have tickets.  No contact from rep at all. In fact, since my old rep left last year, I don't even have a clue who my rep is. I will find out when they start calling me in October with moving deadlines to renew. Enough is enough. Ill have a giant TV and Stubhub. I let some other sucker pay the White Sox. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

Had Season tickets at the old (weekend 27 games 1985) and new ballpark (Full Season 2006-2007), and every home playoff game in 1983 and 2005. Been to many other games in the 1970s/1980s/2000s/2010s without a formal package.

Went to over a dozen games in 2019 while they were "tanking". Really enjoyed going to the park and seeing the core develop.

Would have gone to at least 20 of the 30 games in 2020 if the park was open, plus the playoffs. I also attended 2020 Spring Training before it was cancelled. Was so excited for White Sox baseball with Ricky's Boys and the exciting core.

Decided not to go to a future Sox game when they hired Tony. I expanded the boycott this year to as long as Jerry owns the team between the lockout and his policies against minor league players, and a dozen other longer standing issues.

I did not vote in the poll, since the thread starter stated it was for 2022 ST holders, but my boycott will extend into year number three in 2023.

Edited by South Side Hit Men