8/25- Sox at Orioles, 6:05

flavum

5 minutes ago, tray said:

Liam Hendriks can't give up another 9th inning HR in that series...but he did.

Dude is all or nothing.

2 minutes ago, tray said:

You need a Closer that rises to the occasion in the biggest games.  Not Hendriks.

OK, that's 2 posts with the same nonsense. 

Adam Engel fucked this one, plain and simple.   Hendriks pitched a 1-2-3 inning if not for that asshole. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, superchops70 said:

For the love of god could a beat reporter actually ask some hard questions tonight of LaRussa. He just has to be held accountable for the Robert situation 

I just want to hear TLR say "I'm out bitches." Flip the double bird, and ride out into the sunset.

Edited by ScooterMcGuire
  • Like 1

Just now, 35thstreetswarm said:

Why is Robert in there?  Why was Kopech in there?  They’re hurt.  It’s unreal that we over-rest guys all season in key games, and now we run guys out there who are actually injured

How long did they play an injured Grandal?  It's ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, lpneck said:

I was thinking this is the worst, most embarrassing loss since Beckham dropped the pop up in the middle of the infield in the 9th against the Mets in 2013.

But then I remembered the Sox actually came back and won that game.  So we are talking pre-2013.

Tony La Russa's teams will always find another way.

So wish Benetti would leave for the final five weeks, with Hawk filling in to relay what Sox fans are feeling and to annoy and torment Steve Stone over his remaining 37 games.

6 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Why is Robert in there?  Why was Kopech in there?  They’re hurt.  It’s unreal that we over-rest guys all season in key games, and now we run guys out there who are actually injured

Sox are home tomorrow.  Hopefully that one guy has tickets and he can tell Tony that Robert is not right. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

It’s been a real strange season and very frustrating but we didn’t lose any ground on the Twins or a Indians tonight. We still have a heartbeat 

We have plenty of time and talent to make up a relatively small gap.  The worry is that there really does seem to be something deeply wrong with this team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Over the decades the most bizarre, strange, unreal things have seemed to happen to the Sox in Baltimore. Bob Elson called Memorial Stadium, "The Chamber of Horrors..." Tonight fits right in with that narrative.

And oh yes, more soft tissue injuries.

I'm guessing this was the backbreaker.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

We have plenty of time and talent to make up a relatively small gap.  The worry is that there really does seem to be something deeply wrong with this team.

We can still win but I think injuries are affecting our play and the players are really pressing  

Edited by elrockinMT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Tonight was the night that changed my mind. I don’t want this team to make the postseason. They flat out don’t deserve it and need massive changes to take place in the offseason.  These changes won’t happen if they sneak in.

I'm afraid that even if they end up winning 75 games, nothing will actually change. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Tonight was the night that changed my mind. I don’t want this team to make the postseason. They flat out don’t deserve it and need massive changes to take place in the offseason.  These changes won’t happen if they sneak in.

I would agree, but it's going to take more than just not making the postseason. It's going to take a complete change in ownership, front office, coaching and management. And I highly doubt any of that is happening anytime soon.

And this is coming from the biggest White Sox front office/JR apologist 2016-2021. 

This year has completely broken me and brought me to the other side. 

For me, it didn't start even with the TLR hire. It started with the complete inaction of this offseason to address the needs of the ballclub.

• Haha 1

Just now, ScooterMcGuire said:

I would agree, but it's going to take more than just not making the postseason. It's going to take a complete change in ownership, front office, coaching and management. And I highly doubt any of that is happening anytime soon.

And this is coming from the biggest White Sox front office/JR apologist 2016-2021. 

This year has completely broken me and brought me to the other side. 

For me, it didn't start even with the TLR hire. It started with the complete inaction of this offseason to address the needs of the ballclub.

Hahn is worse than Tony IMO