8/31 GT: Sox vs. Royals - TLR Days Over???

ChiSox59

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Then shit, he's probably back next year in LF, which makes Nimmo less of a possibility because I think they're going to pencil in Colas in RF. 

Especially with no playoff ticket sales, I think we just have to accept that the team next year will look awfully like this one with Sosa and Colas added. Whether that includes Abreu will be the only real question.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Especially with no playoff ticket sales, I think we just have to accept that the team next year will look awfully like this one with Sosa and Colas added. Whether that includes Abreu will be the only real question.

Yep, and they will be a .500 team at best again.  All the awful money on the books for 2023 makes impactful moves nearly impossible.

Edited by fathom

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I know it won’t happen but give me a legit coaching search and coaching staff and I would actually believe results would be somewhat better.

We both know they won’t overhaul the whole coaching staff.  Now, if Hahn didn’t screw up so much with Pollock and Leury and Kelly, I would be more optimistic about the future.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

We both know they won’t overhaul the whole coaching staff.  Now, if Hahn didn’t screw up so much with Pollock and Leury and Kelly, I would be more optimistic about the future.

If Rick Hahn didn’t screw up so badly with LaRoche, Cabrera, Beckham, and Bonifacio I might have been optimistic. But…

• Haha 1