8/31 GT: Sox vs. Royals - TLR Days Over???

ChiSox59

3 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Or TLR returning

If the Sox go in some amazing run to finish the season that starts after a 2-9 stretch immediately before TLRs “health problems”, there is simply no way he’s coming back. 

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The White Sox's leadoff hitter has a .299 OBP this year and .292 over the last 3 years. He is 7 for his last 25, but otherwise that's that. 

Checks Leury's OBP, .237. Leury lead off four times this season, has a .143 OBP in those games (.286 OPS).

1 minute ago, almagest said:

Robert on 15 day IL when?

Hitters are placed on 10 day ILs, He pinch ran Saturday, so likely not until the weekend at the earliest, unless a diagnosis changes.

5 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Shouldn't this be my game thread? I started yesterday's game thread and Tony is gone and I think we can all agree that fits the definition of a 'win'

At least Playoff win worthy, if not a World Series Game.

12 minutes ago, Bossanoveralls said:

Blaspheme!!!

Don't you blaspheme around here!

Gene Lamont is only 75.

Jim Leyland always thought Gene being fired was b.s.....time to right another wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hawk 1

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Now that TLR is out of the way, can we root for a 15 game win streak now? 😁

It is too bad that this did not happen earlier when we had a better chance at the playoffs.  I think the stress of the job itself plus all the travel and seeing the game pass him by, did in TLR, but this was predictable. This is not a job suitable for a 78 yr old.  JR wasted a window of opportunity with this hire.

LOL on Andrus at leadoff. In a related note: at what point do they just shut this thing down?  No point in rushing Anderson back.  Maybe give Moncada, Robert, and Grandal the rest of the year off as well to rest them up for next year?  Possibly release Andrus, bench Harrison and let Romy and Lenyn play out the string.  At this point tanking the last month makes a lot of sense.  But I suppose the guys they've got are already doing that.

• Like 1