9/7 Games

BamaDoc

1 hour ago, maxjusttyped said:

3-4 with a HR & 2B for Mark Payton. It won't happen unless there are ~4 injuries in front of him, but I wish he'd be given a shot if Colas getting called up isn't in the cards.

2 scoreless with 3 K's so far for Kelley.

Is Robert can't go, I'd much rather watch Payton play than Engel or Leury. 

• Like 1

• bmags pinned this topic
35 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Hence why the Sox farm system is ranked 26th. Wtg Hahn, great job drafting and developing those minor league prospects. 

Agreed that the system is bad, but also the obscene number of injuries with the ML club have had a lot of guys playing above their level and/or out of position.

• Like 1

Maybe it has started to transition back to a more balanced approach the last couple of years, but at least back to the sell off of Sale, Q, and Eaton, the Sox focused on getting more A level prospects versus a lot of B and C level guys.  All of their deals were front loaded with as much high talent as possible, and not much in the terms of lottery tickets or guys with limited ceilings but high floors.

Their minor leagues reflect this.  Their top guys are very good typically with super high ceilings, but the talent level falls off quickly. It does finally seem like the last couple of years have started to pull some guys up who are not in that group.

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Clearly B is the first priority, but you have to give at least some consideration to A if you want to have fans.

Most minor league fans don’t care if they win or lose.  I’ve been to three this year and not a single person I went with (50 or so travel baseball individuals) could tell you what the score was and who won.

• Thanks 1

• bmags unpinned this topic