That's a White Sox "Keep The Dream Alive" Winner !

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

7 hours ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

That's why I love Francona. He knew his bullpen was overworked and they had 9 straight with us and Minny. He pretty much punted the game and put those guys back to back for yucks. 

What could really make this strategy work is Giolito.

The Guardians pitched their what, #8 starter today? The White Sox probably win Thursday if Giolito pitched. They probably win Friday if Lynn pitches. 

If Giolito loses to Detroit on Friday then Cleveland will have dropped a loss on the White Sox solely by intimidation, while resting their bullpen.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

What could really make this strategy work is Giolito.

The Guardians pitched their what, #8 starter today? The White Sox probably win Thursday if Giolito pitched. They probably win Friday if Lynn pitches. 

If Giolito loses to Detroit on Friday then Cleveland will have dropped a loss on the White Sox solely by intimidation, while resting their bullpen.

I don’t think it was intimidation at all.  It is still a net positive for the Sox if CLE wins today and the Sox lose.

Sox win yesterday/lose Friday >>> Sox lose yesterday/win Friday, regardless of whether or not CLE wins Friday.

16 hours ago, JoeC said:

That homer by Yaz was seemingly the first time I've seen him with THAT swing (swing-to-bat drop) all seaso.

I said the same thing when he hit that home run. That was great to see again. Imagine we could get that home run swing and power back from Yaz down the stretch!

1 hour ago, asindc said:

I don’t think it was intimidation at all.  It is still a net positive for the Sox if CLE wins today and the Sox lose.

Sox win yesterday/lose Friday >>> Sox lose yesterday/win Friday, regardless of whether or not CLE wins Friday.

But they did drop the chances of the White Sox winning both. Up to Giolito to see if that matters.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

But they did drop the chances of the White Sox winning both. Up to Giolito to see if that matters.

At first glance, Lucas has pitched just OK / mediocre against Detroit this season (1-1, 4.58) but looking further has held them to .588 OPS over 69 PAs (.200 BA, .275 OBP. .313 Slugging). Lucas struck out 21 of the 69 Tigers he faced. Mainly needs to throw strikes and he should be OK to solid.