2023-24 NFL Season Thread

I’m going to need to pull out pen and paper to start visualizing who the Bears have right now and where they will fit in on the depth chart to determine needs in the draft. I’ve run through so many mock drafts it’s hard to remember their needs versus when it makes sense to trade up or down. 

I still think going for Johnson or Skoronski makes sense with their first pick, unless they trade down and draft Calijah Kancey and pick a tackle in the second round. Or they forget about the three technique player this year and go for a defensive end.

11 minutes ago, chw42 said:

It's Orlando Brown (or draft) or bust. 

I can't imagine they go into next season with Borum as their RT. Not after what they've done this off-season. 

Unless.... they wanna move Jenkins back out to RT, which I don't see happening.  

1 minute ago, scs787 said:

Could the Bears go Northwestern go back to back with their 1st 2 picks? They've talked with Adetomiwa Adebawore about playing 3T.

That’s how I drafted today in my latest mock draft. It isn’t out of the realm of possibility for them to do, although Fitz did say on 670 that Adebawore needs to put on some weight to be the 3T in the NFL.

51 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Every thing he has done in the last three months screams that he is not serious, and I would pass at 9.  Dude gained 9 pounds in a week in the most important time of his professional life

I think I'm in that camp as well. The 9 pick (if they stay there) needs to be a starter for the next decade for your team. I know that's an incredibly tall ask in the NFL, but that should be the goal in the Top 10. Carter may end of being that, but LOT of risk there

You know what I'd do? I'd draft Carter and sign Fletcher Cox to play right next to him. Cox is said to be a strong leader so perhaps having a guy like him around for a year or 2 would help get Carters head on straight. 

Ironically Cox owns a legitimate drag racing team. 

1 minute ago, scs787 said:

You know what I'd do? I'd draft Carter and sign Fletcher Cox to play right next to him. Cox is said to be a strong leader so perhaps having a guy like him around for a year or 2 would help get Carters head on straight. 

Ironically Cox owns a legitimate drag racing team. 

I doubt Poles wants to sign anyone that's over 30. That's been a prevailing theme of his signings so far. 

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I doubt Poles wants to sign anyone that's over 30. That's been a prevailing theme of his signings so far. 

Ehhhh, it shouldn't be. Especially if they're trying to make some sort of push. I think having a guy like Cox on a line with a bunch of young guys, that should have some benefit.