Opening Day Winner!

Chicago White Sox

8 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

This was the best Cease has ever looked on the mound, right?  

A definite Yes for one big reason, which was his control and efficiency in pitches thrown. We all know his dominance as a strikeout pitcher is as great as any pitcher in baseball. However what was impressive last night was the fact he had zero walks in 6.1 innings. He only threw 86 pitches. Last season Dylan threw the second most pitches per innings in the ML for all starters at 16.96 pitches per inning. He also led all ML starters in BB/9 at 3.82. Of course the 10K's and only 2 hits given up was awesome for 6.1 innings, but the zero walks is not only amazing, but it clearly shows the incredible improvement and hard work he put in the off-season, towards establishing himself as being the "best pitcher on the planet" as Buster Olney reported last night. 

The pitch clock gets Cease out of his own head. He has no choice but to focus on the next pitch.   Hopefully Kopech is the same.

The relay was perfect on Moncada.  Considering nobody tried last year, I liked the Robert infield single and Yoan trying to stretch an E3 groundout into a triple.

Bummer needs to figure his s%*# out quick.

Lopez needs to not be cute.  I hated the ESPN crew.  You'd think with the Perez/Grifol backstory and coffee in cars the Sox would have garnered a little more respect.  That being said I agreed with the sentiment that Lopez needed to make them score two runs off of well placed 100 MPH heat and his heat was well placed.  Bobby Jenks was unhittable because he had the amazing yellow hammer but his 100 was straight and over the plate too often.

My daily hate of the SCORE was that dumbass Haugh was comparing Stroman's game to Cease.  He is an idiot. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I like that he didn't go to defensive subs too early.

I agree but who would have even needed to be replaced? Eloy was DH so obviously not him, and everyone else in the lineup probably doesn't need a defensive replacement. Especially when the bench (which was only Zavala, Sheets, and Alberto at the time) is mediocre at best defensively

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

I agree but who would have even needed to be replaced? Eloy was DH so obviously not him, and everyone else in the lineup probably doesn't need a defensive replacement. Especially when the bench (which was only Zavala, Sheets, and Alberto at the time) is mediocre at best defensively

yea was noted last night to me as well. I guess only zavala and sheets are minor upgrades over grandal and vaughn. not even worth bothering with really. I feel like the roster is just better this year the big thing is Eloy at DH.

Also, Jose looked terrible last night. He might be ready to go over the Konerko cliff. It looks like he sacrificed a lot of muscle in the offseason to get thinner. We'll see how he does. Not rooting against him but it would be nice if for once the Sox made a good decision and let some other team overpay a vet.

29 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

The home run Lopez gave up came on a very good pitch. I know some were upset that he went to the slider but it was a good pitch nonetheless, just happened to be against a top 2 hitter in baseball

It wasn’t a good pitch selection because it was in the strike zone when he was ahead in the count against Alvarez. No way you put something he can catch up to right there in his wheel house. If he made the same pitch after he fouled off a bunch of two strike fastballs it might have been a good pitch

2 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

The pitch clock gets Cease out of his own head. He has no choice but to focus on the next pitch.   Hopefully Kopech is the same.

The relay was perfect on Moncada.  Considering nobody tried last year, I liked the Robert infield single and Yoan trying to stretch an E3 groundout into a triple.

Bummer needs to figure his s%*# out quick.

Lopez needs to not be cute.  I hated the ESPN crew.  You'd think with the Perez/Grifol backstory and coffee in cars the Sox would have garnered a little more respect.  That being said I agreed with the sentiment that Lopez needed to make them score two runs off of well placed 100 MPH heat and his heat was well placed.  Bobby Jenks was unhittable because he had the amazing yellow hammer but his 100 was straight and over the plate too often.

My daily hate of the SCORE was that dumbass Haugh was comparing Stroman's game to Cease.  He is an idiot. 

LOL the Channel Two sports guy this am gives a detailed report on the Cub opener. Then the Sox. Uhhhh White Sox won.