Can you fool yourself into positivity?

flavum

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

I agree. Because the Sox laid out a plan (the tank job, rebuild with stud draft picks and a couple trades involving our good players) and the plan failed so miserably (Chicago teams should NEVER TRY TO LOSE; this once was one of the greatest cities of the world for gosh sakes; city of big shoulders!), I would only rebound mentally if Jerry sold the team. At this point I wouldn't mind the Sox moving and Chicago's south city getting an expansion team.

This year's start, to have a team out of it after 4 weeks is just sad and unacceptable. Only reason to go to a game is for the smells and visuals at the ballpark and the eats. No reason to go watch these bums play ball. Sell the team Jerry, please?

Greg... shouldn't that same sentiment about not rebuilding have been applied to the Epstein Era Cubs, 2015-16 Royals, Astros, Braves, Pirates this year, Padres, Guardians, Twins, Orioles; teams that all pretty much went into complete teardown mode before achieving success? 

For example, Red Sox and Giants and Rockies tried to play it halfway and look where they are at now... 

Edited by caulfield12

15 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I remember the 1961 Sox who on June 11 were 19-33, 14 games under .500. They got hot and won 19 out of 20 games with winning streaks of 7 and 12 games. If ever the team needed something like those 61 Sox, now is the time, maybe yesterday’s amazing victory will be the start.

Yeah that team only finished 23 games out of first!

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Greg... shouldn't that same sentiment about not rebuilding have been applied to the Epstein Era Cubs, 2015-16 Royals, Astros, Braves, Pirates this year, Padres, Guardians, Twins, Orioles; teams that all pretty much went into complete teardown mode before achieving success? 

For example, Red Sox and Giants and Rockies tried to play it halfway and look where they are at now... 

The other teams didn’t let the captain of the Titanic drive the rescue boats.

Apples and oranges.

22 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Yeah that team only finished 23 games out of first!

They still won 86 games, not bad considering the bad start. What are the chances of the 2023 Sox winning 86 games.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

Like I said yesterday, if I’m a player or coach showing up today, I’m thanking the baseball gods for the AL Central and treating today like it’s opening day. The next 32 are not that bad. They either win and stay or lose and get traded (or fired). If they get it together, 20-12 is not out if the question and they’ll be comfortably in the single digit games back with 100 left. This is me if I’m in uniform.
As a fan, I’m not as optimistic. It’s put up or shut up time. 

• Like 1

I don't believe they can go 18-11 this month, but if they can, a record of 26-32 and hopefully being 6 games or less out can potentially give them a chance. But honestly I'm so over everyone in this organization, I don't mind losing and just not caring. Last year was such a purgatory of a season, at least it's been straight up hell this year. I think we know what this team is and it sucks.

• Like 3