Sox vs Seamen

Heads22

By the way DVS of the Sun-Times in his post game wrap says Gonzales has a sore shoulder and will be re-evaluated when the team gets back to Chicago.

They are dropping like flies again left and right.

19 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

By the way DVS of the Sun-Times in his post game wrap says Gonzales has a sore shoulder and will be re-evaluated when the team gets back to Chicago.

If Romy goes down, is it Wong time?

I would rather keep everyone and somehow TA snaps and whacks the ball at a .400 clip the remainder.  If he gets going, then we start rolling.  It sure would help if our pitch recognition somehow turned as well   I know the eye test says this ain't gonna happen, but it has to happen 😃

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

This does not involve my biases. I am as harsh as anyone here when it comes to calling players out.

His talent is huge and yes he has some major learning and flaws to correct relative to plate discipline. Yet that is exactly what a coaching staff, especially the hitting coach's job is to help him learn that discipline. That is not what is expected on good winning teams. They do not to expect the player to figure it out on their own, when they have Jake's type of talent.

I look at it this way. Jake is a breathe of fresh air when there's like a million things Sox related to fret about.

He's  in a lineup of guys who still should be in the prime of their careers like TA and Moncada who have already peaked .A guy like Eloy we may never know how good of a hitter he could be. Was hoping Vaughn could take the next step in his evolution but not so far . Robert ,we're just hoping he doesn't turn into Moncada and just stay relatively healthy for once.

With so much to b**** about you have to find the silver lining and those breathes of fresh air. I'm not going to fret over what he could be. I'm going to enjoy him while he's mashing however long or short lived it might be. I don't call that a personal bias. It's just finding something blossoming amongst the weeds.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Every year it’s the same, the Sox carry a bunch of injured guys who cannot play for weeks at a time only to IL them later. Then they rush injured guys back for subpar performance like TA, Moncada, Bummer, and Crochet. It is weird.

14 hours ago, White Sox Park said:

Wondering how deadly Robert would be if he would work the count.

One of the best in the game. We all know when he gets a pitch in the zone, he can kill it. Unfortunately he hasn't learned that patience yet, to get lots of good pitches to hit hard, he needs to work the count. All we can do is hope because you're right it's scary to think of how great he could be.

• Love 1

13 hours ago, almagest said:

Still having trouble reading I see. Let me know where I said it’s “not the job of the hitting coach to help the struggling hitter”.

Not sure why you're still having trouble, but lets break it down further.

In my post I told you it was the job of the hitting coach to work with Jake and other struggling hitters on pitch recognition and swinging out of the zone. This was your reply: There's no coaching that can help anyone if a player swings at almost every pitchThat is on them. I'm pretty sure "there's no coaching that can help anyone"...was clearly you telling me, it's not up to the hitting coach to help him. Also, "That is on them", is a clear as day, you are informing me, it's the responsibility of Jake and others to figure out their swinging outside the zone problem on their own, as well as it has nothing to do with the hitting coach.  

41 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Not sure why you're still having trouble, but lets break it down further.

In my post I told you it was the job of the hitting coach to work with Jake and other struggling hitters on pitch recognition and swinging out of the zone. This was your reply: There's no coaching that can help anyone if a player swings at almost every pitchThat is on them. I'm pretty sure "there's no coaching that can help anyone"...was clearly you telling me, it's not up to the hitting coach to help him. Also, "That is on them", is a clear as day, you are informing me, it's the responsibility of Jake and others to figure out their swinging outside the zone problem on their own, as well as it has nothing to do with the hitting coach.  

And you would be wrong. There is a big difference between "its not up to the hitting coach to help him" and "it doesn't matter what the coach does if the player keeps swinging at every pitch". I think our coaching staff and overall instruction sucks, likely near or at the bottom of the league. That doesn't excuse the players from being accountable for bad habits and poor plate discipline. Like I said before, even the Rays would struggle to help a player who swings at everything.