Red Sox at White Sox, 6/23/23, 7:10 pm CDT.

Balta1701

9 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

No matter who subs for Hahn, If the owner is just gonna handcuff you. I'll bet you anything that any top up and coming executive will not wanna work for Jerry. No matter what they are paid. Who would wanna deal with this bullshit? Who in there right mind would wanna work with people screwed in there seats(kenny) and pretty much sabotaging you. Who would want to when sheer incompetence is the soup du jour in this Org. This team has more drama and backstabbing than a Fucking soap opera. Who would risk there carrer? 

NOT ANY OF THE GOOD ONES. 

So if Hahn is replaced it will be with Getz( Another Jerry's pets)

He said, “Well, where you gonna go? Let's start there. I mean, sell the team to who? I mean, that's the other thing, I mean, you wanna have this debate? If you wanna look at what would you have this team do to have it be more profitable, make more money, compete more in the current economic system that this game exists, it would be to pick it up and move it somewhere else. And, so, be careful what you ask for. I think we're doing the best we can do with the resources that we have. "

Someone whose owner said this just 15 short months ago now has the hottest team in baseball selling out that home park just last night. 

• Like 1

Then this year before the season started he did this:

"Castellini made a presentation in front of a booster group called the Rosie Reds—a group founded in 1964 and whose acronym is Rooters Organized to Stimulate Interest and Enthusiasm—that seemed to be Castellini complaining about owning and running a baseball team in the 2020s. 

He once again brought up the current economic system in baseball, and it seemed his goal was to make Reds fans side with him and agree that it must be challenging to run a small market Major League Baseball franchise in 2023. 

Things took a turn when that presentation had a slide titled, ‘Teams out of contention by Opening Day,’ which was a chart showing how many teams since 2019 started the season with no chance of making the playoffs. Guess which team Phil is talking about? You guessed it. His own Cincinnati Reds. 

That kind of statement from a team’s President and COO will not stimulate interest and enthusiasm. In fact, it did the exact opposite. 

Locked On Reds podcast co-hosts Jeff Carr and Steven Offenbaker were flabbergasted on their podcast's latest episode while discussing Castellini’s weekend antics, with Carr saying, “What the heck was the endgame with this?” Offenbaker added, “What he’s saying is, there’s no point in watching the Reds! We haven’t even had the first pitch of spring training, and we’re out of contention.”

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/locked-on/lo-cincinnati/reds-show/cincinnati-reds-president-phil-castellini-under-fire-again-for-comments-about-team/535-a1230c88-14ef-459e-ae3b-6073a1d79d95

Edited by caulfield12

https://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance

Which team is now leading the White Sox in attendance as of Friday night? 

We have so many excuses for Rick Hahn. 

Their GM didn't throw his hands up in the air and quit...he only became more determined to prove his owner how wrong he was.   He learned it from weather the exact same storm in Oakland in early 2000s.  Nick Krall literally lived Moneyball.  Not just read about it in the Michael Lewis book or watched Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill debate with Grady Fuson. 

• Fire 1

25 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

He said, “Well, where you gonna go? Let's start there. I mean, sell the team to who? I mean, that's the other thing, I mean, you wanna have this debate? If you wanna look at what would you have this team do to have it be more profitable, make more money, compete more in the current economic system that this game exists, it would be to pick it up and move it somewhere else. And, so, be careful what you ask for. I think we're doing the best we can do with the resources that we have. "

Someone whose owner said this just 15 short months ago now has the hottest team in baseball selling out that home park just last night. 

What team are you referring to?

8 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Do you trust the money saved "will be spent"? I'm thinking Jerry just pockets it like the $100M + from MLB.

The one advantage is a new owner and their competent FO would have a clean slate in terms of committed payroll. If you are dumping the longer term contracts, shedding Benintendi and Moncada would be my two priorities, Eloy secondary as someone will take him with the DH in both leagues, really should try to trade him if he is still healthy 3-4 weeks from now.

Teams will give something up for Tim for his option and potential away from this organization. I believe both Moncada and Tim will have solid seasons next year if healthy playing for their likely final payday.

8 hours ago, brijames1957 said:

This team is nothing more than an investment to JR. An MLB team goes up in value no matter what it does on the field and he knows that as well as anyone. He won his WS. He has no desire to sink any more money in to this thing. As fans of this team we are screwed until a new owner takes over who hopefully wants to win more than anything.

I am afraid that a fire sale will be coming, with the main purpose being a salary dump and we will be left with an even worse team.  Hahn will not cut favorable deals and will end up with even more relievers. IMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Their GM didn't throw his hands up in the air and quit...he only became more determined to prove his owner how wrong he was.   He learned it from weather the exact same storm in Oakland in early 2000s.  Nick Krall literally lived Moneyball.  Not just read about it in the Michael Lewis book or watched Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill debate with Grady Fuson. 

It’s sad that Jerry Reinsdorf has destroyed the White Sox to the point that over 500,000 more fans, on pace for over 1,000,000 fans, have chosen the Cubs over the White Sox.

This was a 50/50 town until the forever racist evil cabal of MLB owners rejected Italian-American Edward Debartolo Senior, in favor of these Brooklyn carpetbagging scumbags, who took only a few years before attempting to flee to Tampa Bay.

• Fire 1

12 hours ago, wegner said:

I really wonder most days if they even have advanced scouts. They seem to have no clue about their opponents.

This is exactly why the Sox have such a horrible ML roster and one of the most pathetic farm systems.

I can promise anyone here, if they spent a few weeks in the Rays, Dodgers or Guardians organizations just to name a few, and spent serious time in the field with their scouts and then spent time in the front office with their various executives on their approach to advanced scouting, analytics, modern day approaches, and theories on developing prospects in the minors, they would be stunned and appalled how clueless and behind the modern times, the Sox actually are with these critical areas in producing a winning baseball organization.

• Thanks 1
  • Hawk 1

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Great point! Plus Nick Krall is doing this in a small market and the 25th payroll. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, harkness99 said:

who knew that hitting groundballs and not taking walks was a recipe for bad offense?

gee what a shocker.

Hate this shitty ass organization... until the owner is gone nothing going to matter.

I went back to play by play stats and counted a total of 16 ground balls. Hence why we lead the major leagues in groundball %. 

It's beyond aggravating at this point how clueless Hahn was in every aspect in how he put this massively flawed roster together. 

I don't have the stats and I could be wrong, but I would bet the Sox under this hitting coach are worse than the guy we all blasted Frank Menchino.    

• Hawk 1

12 hours ago, brijames1957 said:

This team is nothing more than an investment to JR. An MLB team goes up in value no matter what it does on the field and he knows that as well as anyone. He won his WS. He has no desire to sink any more money in to this thing. As fans of this team we are screwed until a new owner takes over who hopefully wants to win more than anything.

I agree with you and the new owner will have to be a rich liquid billionaire, because the price tag to buy a baseball team today or in the future doesn't allow for anything less. Thus anyone willing to spend that type of money to buy a team, is probably willing to buy this team because they love baseball and this will be their fun hobby and toy, so to speak...and not some stupid investment like the POS current owner sees it. 

• Hawk 1

10 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I agree with you and the new owner will have to be a rich liquid billionaire, because the price tag to buy a baseball team today or in the future doesn't allow for anything less. Thus anyone willing to spend that type of money to buy a team, is probably willing to buy this team because they love baseball and this will be their fun hobby and toy, so to speak...and not some stupid investment like the POS current owner sees it. 

I've been told the next owner will more than likely be a corporation. 

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I've been told the next owner will more than likely be a corporation. 

You could be right and that's fine with me, but even it's a corporation conglomerate, it will have deep pockets to spend. 

Case in point, the Guggenheim Baseball Management corp. owns the Dodgers. That seems to be working out just fine. 

The Guggenheim group is a bunch of rich investors who want to their Dodgers to be a perennial winner. They allow Andrew Friedman whatever financial resources he needs to produce a successful winning team. 

• TLR 1

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

This is exactly why the Sox have such a horrible ML roster and one of the most pathetic farm systems.

I can promise anyone here, if they spent a few weeks in the Rays, Dodgers or Guardians organizations just to name a few, and spent serious time in the field with their scouts and then spent time in the front office with their various executives on their approach to advanced scouting, analytics, modern day approaches, and theories on developing prospects in the minors, they would be stunned and appalled how clueless and behind the modern times, the Sox actually are with these critical areas in producing a winning baseball organization.

We’ll never know how accurate it was, but there were multiple people that heard Joe Espada turned the White Sox down last offseason after coming into interview. He was alarmed how dated the baseball infrastructure was in the organization. And based on what we’ve seen…you’d have a hard time convincing anyone that report is that far fetched. 

• Fire 2

15 hours ago, Dan Pasqua said:

Honestly we still have potential.  If we sell we are going to be horrendous for a long time.  We are competing and losing.  We are not identifying the reasons why we just find ways to lose.  If we sell, it will just be intolerable baseball.

The team is last in OBP. When has a team ranked last in OBP ever done anything meaningful?

• Thanks 1
  • TLR 1

1 hour ago, Tony said:

We’ll never know how accurate it was, but there were multiple people that heard Joe Espada turned the White Sox down last offseason after coming into interview. He was alarmed how dated the baseball infrastructure was in the organization. And based on what we’ve seen…you’d have a hard time convincing anyone that report is that far fetched. 

There is no doubt in my mind it's true. Look, if the Sox had this great baseball infrastructure and front office, then logically the present Sox organization wouldn't have 32-45 W-L record, a 26th ranked farm system and this horribly flawed ML roster. 

The baseball teams that consistently win at the ML level and have great farm systems like the Rays, Dodgers, Guardians etc, do not create those successful entities by luck. They have a specific blueprint which is successful and they don't deviate from it. 

• Hawk 1

56 minutes ago, ron883 said:

The team is last in OBP. When has a team ranked last in OBP ever done anything meaningful?

I would  agree with you and say a team last in OBP usually is usually a losing W-L team. I would also add that a team like the Sox that is also LAST in: 

Walks

Pitches taken per AB

0 Swing %

Highest groundball %

Never won a World Series title, let alone be a winning team.

• Hawk 1