Sox @ Guardians 6:10 CT

Vote4Pedro

1 minute ago, Soxfest said:

Numbers should be way better for Golden Spikes award winner. Defense is bad and can’t beat Konerko in a race today. 

I understand the disappointment, and also hoped he would be performing a lot better. He has a couple years left at a low contract to figure it out and gain power as he reaches his peak years.

Just didn't understand the angst today since he went 2 for 4 with a double. (Andrus with the other extra base hit, also a double)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I understand the disappointment, and also hoped he would be performing a lot better. He has a couple years left at a low contract to figure it out and gain power as he reaches his peak years.

Just didn't understand the angst today since he went 2 for 4 with a double. (Andrus with the other extra base hit, also a double)

Not really about today, but his season overall. With Abreu gone really thought he would take the next step this year.

Edited by Soxfest
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

My thoughts exactly. I'm embarassed to be a fan of this team. 

I'm so embarrassed that I woke up believing it's time I stopped following this team, and dare I say switch to being a Cubs fan.  At least they have likable players that play the game with intensity.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

8 hours ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Wait.  I thought Moncada was supposed to be an elite defensive 3B.  

Never understood the hate for Madrigal.  Even if Moncada is a better defender, at this point I would take Madrigal over Moncada.  Every at bat Madrigal brings intensity and focus while Moncada calmly looks at strike three and walks back to the dugout and takes a seat.  Moncada's at bats and approach seem to be contagious because no one on this team gives a damn. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

11 hours ago, fathom said:

No reason in the world Yoan isn’t on the IL and Grandal/Andrus are on the roster. 

They were going to call it the Yoan Moncada Memorial Injured List. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I'm so embarrassed that I woke up believing it's time I stopped following this team, and dare I say switch to being a Cubs fan.  At least they have likable players that play the game with intensity.  

I might go to a game for either if they put the World Cup on the big screen. Current Cubs are ok.

Ok I'm going to get something off my chest that bugged me about part of that game last night. I will admit it's maybe not a fair assessment but what the hell.

8th inning...Men on 1st and 2nd down 2 runs. Moncada rolls into a double play to end the inning and they show him bewildered going back to the dugout. You also can see a Sox player on the bench smiling and laughing about something. It just riled me up cause it just seemed to be a microcosm of this team not giving a crap that they get their ass kicked on a daily basis.

• Like 2
  • Hawk 1

13 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I'm glad I didn't see any of game, I come here to find the latest sox miscues.

I am sure you are not the only Sox fan that has stopped watching the games and looks for the box score or come here. At least it won't get your blood pressure up. LOL! 

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

Ok I'm going to get something off my chest that bugged me about part of that game last night. I will admit it's maybe not a fair assessment but what the hell.

8th inning...Men on 1st and 2nd down 2 runs. Moncada rolls into a double play to end the inning and they show him bewildered going back to the dugout. You also can see a Sox player on the bench smiling and laughing about something. It just riled me up cause it just seemed to be a microcosm of this team not giving a crap that they get their ass kicked on a daily basis.

Well said. Just another reason Grifol is over his head this season. It clearly shows a lack of accountability on his part. I would love Grifol to have to go back and listen to his full initial press conference. 

This poor play will continue to implode the rest of the season, because these players have given up and there are no player/leader, manager or coach to make the players accountable and demand more effort and smarter play. 

• TLR 1

4 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Never understood the hate for Madrigal.  Even if Moncada is a better defender, at this point I would take Madrigal over Moncada.  Every at bat Madrigal brings intensity and focus while Moncada calmly looks at strike three and walks back to the dugout and takes a seat.  Moncada's at bats and approach seem to be contagious because no one on this team gives a damn. 

For the record I was not one of the Madrigal haters here. I was sad to see him go. I agree with you, I would take Madrigal at 2nd or 3rd over any Sox player on this roster. Madrigal plays the game like Burger played it...which is with fun and intensity.

Your right the Moncada actions are probably contagious to that clubhouse and dugout. However even though none of the players seem to care anymore and are not giving their best effort, the real problem is still Grifol. He is allowing this toxic culture to continue, with his lack of accountability and leadership skills.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I haven't watched a second of any Sox game this month.  Don't plan on watching any more this season.  But I come here to keep up with what's going on.

Nothing wrong with that. I have stopped wasting my time for several game now in terms of watching the game in full. My new program now is to tape the game, wait until it's done and then fast forward through the game. I only time I stop is to see when a run was scored and go back to watch that or those runs play out. Then when the game is over, I will examine the box score and be done.

Since the POS owner doesn't give a s%*# about his fans, why should I give a s%*# about his team.

• Thanks 1