Sox @ Guardians 6:10 CT

Vote4Pedro

I don't listen to or follow Clevinger starts, but looking at Gameday after the final, why is Eloy pinch hitting nursing a sore heel?

These games have zero relevance to the White Sox. Either he should be available to start, should not play because he is injured, or be placed on the IL if he is injured and needs several days to recover.

Why risk injury to him (or Yoan) if they are not 100%? Especially at this stage of the season.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

They clearly come to the ballpark expecting to lose.

Discussing the bases loaded zero out situation, Ozzie said they struck out against a guy who is not a strike out pitcher.

They are truly pathetic.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I don't listen to or follow Clevinger starts, but looking at Gameday after the final, why is Eloy pinch hitting nursing a sore heel?

These games have zero relevance to the White Sox. Either he should be available to start, should not play because he is injured, or be placed on the IL if he is injured and needs several days to recover.

Why risk injury to him (or Yoan) if they are not 100%? Especially at this stage of the season.

The whole thing is so screwed up, it’s like a rudderless ship lost in the night. I don’t know whether to scream or cry but yet I continue watch.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

The whole thing is so screwed up, it’s like a rudderless ship lost in the night. I don’t know whether to scream or cry but yet I continue watch.

Yeah, was listening to most of the non Clevinger games, and it helped he hit the IL a few times, but will likely just check the box score for many games here on out. Don't care about postseason anymore, but really do like following the season, having the games on in the background.

It doesn't have to be a contending year, but I got a lot of enjoyment in 2019 watching new players progress. I hope 2025 is like that, considering most of the good prospects are at AA.

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

At this rate they'll guarantee themselves their 8th losing season in 11 years under Hahn by Labor Day and their 11th losing season since the start of 2007. 

Out of the three, they were .500 in one real season, and then the bullshit 102 game owner lockout that shouldn't even be considered. So one season since 2013 when Hahn was GM that they won 82+ games.

82+ win seasons under Reinsdorf:

Solid to Championship Seasons (90-99 Wins) (7): 1983, 1990, 1993, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2021

Mired in Mediocrity (82-89 Wins) (11): 1982, 1985, 1991, 1992, 1996, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2008, 2010, 2012

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Really can’t believe how awful AV has been. He has regressed like his hair line as much as anyone on the team.

He looks lost up at the plate a majority of his at bats.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Really can’t believe how awful AV has been. He has regressed like his hair line as much as anyone on the team.

He's the youngest full time player on the team, and Robert is the only one significantly outperforming him. He makes the league minimum and went 2 for 4 today. Not sure what the angst for tonight.

2023 bWAR

1. 4.3 Robert Jr. (26)
  2. 0.7 Benintendi (28)
  3. 0.6 Jimenez (26)
  4. 0.5 Vaughn (25)
  5. 0.2 Remillard (29)
  6. -0.1 Thompson (32)
  7. -0.1 Grandal (34)
  8. -0.3 Moncada (28)
  9. -0.4 Zavala (29)
  10. -0.5 Sheets (27)
  11. -0.9 Colas (24)
  12. -0.9 Andrus (34)
  13. -1.6 Anderson (30)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I used to care bout stuff like this. Now? Apathy. Not a huge Eloy fan.

3 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

If you can't laugh at this, well then....

Getting little value (and picking poor defenders / non premium defensive positions) out of their top picks is one of the top three reasons the rebuild failed.

• Three DH/1B for a net 1.5 bWAR earned across nearly a decade of availability (Vaughn 0.5 bWAR, Sheets negative 0.7 bWAR and Burger 1.7).
  • Tony didn't like Madrigal and the FO was obsessed over a gassed ancient closer to set up for them. 1.7 White Sox bWAR, 1.8 Cubs bWAR.
  • Draft a reliever, never let him develop as a starter. 1.7 bWAR across three seasons.

Had to start rebuild number 2 to bring in any quality catchers despite spending $72 on a faux catcher. Still no RFers or 2B on the horizon, both holes for the entire "window".

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

He's the youngest full time player on the team, and Robert is the only one significantly outperforming him. He makes the league minimum and went 2 for 4 today. Not sure what the angst for tonight.

2023 bWAR

1. 4.3 Robert Jr. (26)
  2. 0.7 Benintendi (28)
  3. 0.6 Jimenez (26)
  4. 0.5 Vaughn (25)
  5. 0.2 Remillard (29)
  6. -0.1 Thompson (32)
  7. -0.1 Grandal (34)
  8. -0.3 Moncada (28)
  9. -0.4 Zavala (29)
  10. -0.5 Sheets (27)
  11. -0.9 Colas (24)
  12. -0.9 Andrus (34)
  13. -1.6 Anderson (30)

Numbers should be way better for Golden Spikes award winner and #3 overall pick. Defense is below average and can’t beat Konerko in a race today. 

Edited by Soxfest
  • Like 1