Sox vs Yanks, Game 2, 7:10 PM

oldsox

I'll try to bring home a winner.

Other 2 games I went to this season just pissed me off...gonna try to keep good spirits this time.

Let's keep the Bronx Bombers in the cellar of the AL East where they belong.....or at least in a last place tie with Boston if that can be arranged.

Just now, wegner said:

I'll try to bring home a winner.

Other 2 games I went to this season just pissed me off...gonna try to keep good spirits this time.

Let's keep the Bronx Bombers in the cellar of the AL East where they belong.....or at least in a last place tie with Boston if that can be arranged.

Redhot Ranch, Maxwell Street Depot, Ricobene’s , tailgate, or $5 Tuesdays + Cuban Sandwich?

5 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

No $5 tonight because the Yankees are a "premium" team. Thanks Jerry!

Yes, Redhot Ranch is my favorite option, the pre/post game drinks at Marz or Skylark.

Did tailgate my one game this season, nice relaxing pre/post game with beers (Hop Butcher and other craft beers) and Italian subs from Caputo's, which is finally opening their Norridge store tomorrow that I'm excited about. Of course the Cardinals shut them out 3-0, and they lost the Spring Training game I went to in 2020, so I haven't seen a win in person since the 2010s (they won several games in 2019 for me!).

42 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Is Colas hurt, or in the doghouse?

If TA is going to miss multiple games with the arm injury, may as well just take the suspension. 

I was about to post the same thing. Doghouse for the bad defensive play lately? I mean, no offense, I just don't want to see Gavin Sheets in the OF.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

I was about to post the same thing. Doghouse for the bad defensive play lately? I mean, no offense, I just don't want to see Gavin Sheets in the OF.

I'd prefer Trayce Thompson play if Colas is off, have Sheets in Charlotte unless Vaughn or Eloy are on the IL.

For Tim, I don't think they can make Tim cancel his appeal, he'll likely knock off a game or two from the suspension / pay cut. Haven't heard if the hearing has been scheduled.

45 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I'd prefer Trayce Thompson play if Colas is off, have Sheets in Charlotte unless Vaughn or Eloy are on the IL.

For Tim, I don't think they can make Tim cancel his appeal, he'll likely knock off a game or two from the suspension / pay cut. Haven't heard if the hearing has been scheduled.

Man dropped his glove, and squared up like it was Round 1 at Caesar's Palace. Not sure what there is to appeal, you were the aggressor on the physical altercation, my man.

12 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Man dropped his glove, and squared up like it was Round 1 at Caesar's Palace. Not sure what there is to appeal, you were the aggressor on the physical altercation, my man.

I guess, but it seems the office regularly drops a game or two off of suspensions in the 4 + game range.

This sounds backwards, but I'm glad Remillards average is dropping - I like him, and I do hope he can stick around and be good for us. I just don't want this organization to sell him as a second base solution

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

This sounds backwards, but I'm glad Remillards average is dropping - I like him, and I do hope he can stick around and be good for us. I just don't want this organization to sell him as a second base solution

Or Sheets finally goes on a hot streak at the end...same with Seby.

At least Perez theoretically deserves more playing time to prove he's not the one...

But you get the feeling we'll hear how Romy Sosa Remillard Ramos Popeye...one of them has to get the job done, right?

Eventually?

And then we'll still be talking about the 2B problem another season.  Or RF with Colas.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

https://www.fangraphs.com/teams/white-sox

We have four players with above an 8.6% walk percentage....the MLB average.

"Jackson Frazier"  non existent/goodbye

Sheets  goodbye

Grandal    goodbye

Benintendi  right at 8.6%

So starting off 2024 with not one single player on the team that does even better than average at taking walks.

Edited by caulfield12