Sox place Clevinger on waivers

soxfan49

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

If we're willing to take the risk of him deciding to shoot a woman and using "Another one bites the dust" as his walkout song the next day, then we should be smarter about it than this.

No one in baseball is willing to trade for him when he was due $6.5 million after August 1 (with the possibility of asking the White Sox to kick in f funds) or $5.25 million for September and October as a waiver claim, and that's when he has a 2.15 ERA since June 1 in 9 starts (3.64 FIP so legitimately solid performance). No one else in MLB wants to have anything to do with him, nor should they.

Decline the option, pay him the buyout, offer him like $1 million. You barely have fans left, you're probably not going to lose $7 million just by alienating more fans by keeping him.

That would be a gutsy move by him

Edited by ron883

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

So was beating up a woman and the using “Gold Digger” as his walkout song, but he got the team to go along with that.

I hate defending another scumbag, but false allegations are commonly made, especially when involving custody and such.

This whole guilty until proven innocent thing is so out of hand anymore.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

I hate defending another scumbag, but false allegations are commonly made, especially when involving custody and such.

This whole guilty until proven innocent thing is so out of hand anymore.

He's been quite and not the center of attention.  He's been the best pitcher so far.  I'm surprised he hasn't been picked up unless there are hidden words among GMs.

2 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

He's been quite and not the center of attention.  He's been the best pitcher so far.  I'm surprised he hasn't been picked up unless there are hidden words among GMs.

Agreed. People must know something we don't. 

Which makes it hard to root for the asshole. 

3 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

1 minute ago, kwill said:

Agreed. People must know something we don't. 

Which makes it hard to root for the asshole. 

Or they just know how things work in the current culture. He was credibly accused of something, so he did it. Like someone mentioned before, he will probably get interest again in a season or two as long as he just shuts up and pitches well.