Packers at Bears....oops I meant Sox at Tigers Gamethread 9/10/23

wegner

One confounding factor for me and my search for food is having gone vegan a few years ago.

Not vegan for long enough that I don’t remember what non-vegan stuff is like, but finding new restaurants is always a little difficult.

12 minutes ago, JoeC said:

One confounding factor for me and my search for food is having gone vegan a few years ago.

Not vegan for long enough that I don’t remember what non-vegan stuff is like, but finding new restaurants is always a little difficult.

My wife has a very limited diet so I feel your pain. We are traveling to a wedding in downstate Illinois and were just looking at the restaurant options....slim pickins indeed.

Five hits, lol. Boy our Sox are pathetic. Sad to see that parade of bad relievers come in game after game. 

p.s. Sox TV ratings have to be ridiculous. Nobody with a brain would watch an inning of Sox baseball. Are Royals coming to town? Can u imagine if they told the truth about people in the stands for that series? Cmon. There won't be 2,000 fans there Monday night.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Five hits, lol. Boy our Sox are pathetic. Sad to see that parade of bad relievers come in game after game. 

p.s. Sox TV ratings have to be ridiculous. Nobody with a brain would watch an inning of Sox baseball. Are Royals coming to town? Can u imagine if they told the truth about people in the stands for that series? Cmon. There won't be 2,000 fans there Monday night.

Other than the two games against the Cubs in August, I haven't watched a second of White Sox baseball since the trade deadline.  Don't miss it a bit.

• Fire 1

I know mounting a rally against a team's closer is hard, but that ninth inning was pathetic. And how many times have the Sox gone through a ninth without even getting the ball out of the infield? Too many, way too many.

And Getz: just watch two or three Sox games. You won't need to talk to Pedro to know what in the hell is wrong.

Fundamentals:

There were a few things to unpack in the Sox’ 3-2 loss to the Tigers Sunday. Right fielder Oscar Colas slipped on a throw into the infield that short-hopped shortstop Tim Anderson, who didn’t smother it, allowing Andre Lipicius to take second base. Miscommunication caused Colas to crash into second baseman Elvis Andrus in short right field, Andrus could have had a runner doubled off but first baseman Gavin Sheets couldn’t make a clean backhand scoop of his throw. And Anderson didn’t run out of the box right away on a high chopper a foot in front of the plate.

2 hours ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Other than the two games against the Cubs in August, I haven't watched a second of White Sox baseball since the trade deadline.  Don't miss it a bit.

Same with me. I forget my last game that I tuned into on mlb. Quite frankly it makes me feel anger and totally bored to watch our hitters hit and watch our starters do that stupid leg kick after their delivery is over. They need to bring Buehrle in as pitching coach for a couple years (beg him, pay him) and teach guys to pitch as he did. Our hitters have the worst approach and our pitchers blow chunks as they say.

If they Sox are gonna be this bad next year they should bring in Veeck's kid and let him come up with some fun promotions to at least make it fun. Not disco records but something to get fans minds off the game.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1
  • Love 1