Sox @ Washington September 18 Late Gamethread

wegner

I didn't realize it was a Clevinger start and listened to the Sox strand two in the first and the first batter in the bottom half. Took a shower in the early afternoon before hitting a brewery. Considering a second shower now, washed my ears and earbuds in the interim to be safe.

Really hope they don't end with 99 losses. It would be just another 2023 failure.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I didn't realize it was a Clevinger start and listened to the Sox strand two in the first and the first batter in the bottom half. Took a shower in the early afternoon before hitting a brewery. Considering a second shower now, washed my ears and earbuds in the interim to be safe.

Really hope they don't end with 99 losses. It would be just another 2023 failure.

Turned it on in the top of the 9th to see Grandal's bat drop that died at the warning track. Went to post about that but couldn't so had to start a gamethread.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wegner said:

The fact that some people on this site think that no team will pursue him for their rotation next season is laughable imo. 

He's actually Sox only 'starter' who has a clue. He's the team MVP this year, tying with Robert. I guess if Robert hits 40 hrs he's team MVP over Clev.

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Don’t worry, Clevinger is all they have the scrubs are out for the next 3-4 games

1 hour ago, T R U said:

Don’t worry, Clevinger is all they have the scrubs are out for the next 3-4 games

In September Clevinger has something like 23 strikeouts and four walks. He hasn't had a bad season. Sox desperately need pitchers, I'd certainly see if he wants to return.

9 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

In September Clevinger has something like 23 strikeouts and four walks. He hasn't had a bad season. Sox desperately need pitchers, I'd certainly see if he wants to return.

I think Getz knows that, too.