Seby Zavala traded to Mariners (old friend alert)

WestEddy

3 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Why the F--K would Perez get any DH at-bats?

He's as much of a DH as Selby ever was...2-3 games in his entire career comprise 50% of his production like Trayce Thompson this year for LAD.

Perez is a bad defender now, so going from old catcher that can't catch to slightly less old catcher that still can't catch BuT lEaDeRsHiP would be very on brand.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Perez is a bad defender now, so going from old catcher that can't catch to slightly less old catcher that still can't catch BuT lEaDeRsHiP would be very on brand.

IDK it depends what lEaDeRsHiP costs but vet leadership shouldn't be ignored, especially a guy that gives the boss legitimacy (Grifol). depends if Quero joins the MLB roster this season, which I kind of doubt. there's a point to be made that "team chemistry" is derived from team performance, but this team will be a loser next season and there's still young guys that need to stay focused for 162 games.

Edited by nrockway

1 hour ago, nrockway said:

IDK it depends what lEaDeRsHiP costs but vet leadership shouldn't be ignored, especially a guy that gives the boss legitimacy (Grifol). depends if Quero joins the MLB roster this season, which I kind of doubt. there's a point to be made that "team chemistry" is derived from team performance, but this team will be a loser next season and there's still young guys that need to stay focused for 162 games.

Feels like mid 2025 is the latest projected Quero arrival time...he's not the kind of generational talent they should be obsessing over service time with.

7 hours ago, nrockway said:

IDK it depends what lEaDeRsHiP costs but vet leadership shouldn't be ignored,

I keep thinking Salvy is cooked. He hit 48 HRs 2 years ago, and easily has 20 HR power. At $20 million per for the next 2 years, he could be virtually "free" in trade. 

Eloy's a better hitter and cheaper, but yeah, if dropping Perez in the lineup gets everybody on the same page, it's not quite the albatross everybody's making it out to be. 

8 hours ago, nrockway said:

I don't entirely discount having leaders in the clubhouse, I just take issue with bringing in bad and expensive baseball players to be "leaders" because they're someone the manager can point to and say "see he respects me so you should to too". I think a good chunk of the leadership problems can be pointed back at Pedro for being completely ineffective and not knowing how to do anything outside of being an ass-kisser.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, cuban_sammiches said:

My wife and I were at Seby's big game. She asked me about him, I told her he couldn't hit and he hit a home run. Next time up, I mansplained how he got lucky and he hit #2. Third time, I pointed out how lucky he was and he jacked #3. Good luck Seby!

one of the best games ive been to, even though we lost

• Like 1
  • Fire 1