Sox Sign Mike Moustakas

Heads22

4 minutes ago, tray said:

I think Sheets might have some trade value, perhaps as a throw in to a possible Baltimore trade, if that is at all possible at some point....since his father played for the O's.  He is faster than I thought in RF and has a decent arm. He can also platoon at 1B and DH or pinch hit late in games when the only hope left lies with a HR to tie or win. Moose has a shot in ST though. It will be fun to watch all of the competition for getting on the roster.

No, he doesn't. He has zero value. Currently he would occupy a 40 man roster spot for a team like Baltimore that likely doesn't have room for one, so taking him back is a net negative for them. He is likely to be on waivers in a few weeks to make room for others, teams can easily see how many NRIs the White Sox brought in to replace him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

No, he doesn't. He has zero value. Currently he would occupy a 40 man roster spot for a team like Baltimore that likely doesn't have room for one, so taking him back is a net negative for them. He is likely to be on waivers in a few weeks to make room for others, teams can easily see how many NRIs the White Sox brought in to replace him. 

He has negative value despite being on a league min deal. Impressive the Sox have managed to keep around so many of those guys on the 40 man under Hahn. Let's hope Getz is more proactive.

46 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

If I'm Sheets' agent I might just request a DFA. He can go make more money in Japan or something.

He might be there eventually. For now, he can try to have a really good spring and play for a roster spot here or somewhere else, and what are the odds Eloy gets hurt in the spring clearing an opening day roster spot? 1 in 3?

Checking Korea, the average player salary there is like $40k a year. He can make that in like 10 days on a MLB roster:

40 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

He might be there eventually. For now, he can try to have a really good spring and play for a roster spot here or somewhere else, and what are the odds Eloy gets hurt in the spring clearing an opening day roster spot? 1 in 3?

Checking Korea, the average player salary there is like $40k a year. He can make that in like 10 days on a MLB roster:

I can see the headline now: "Sheets, Once a Camp Afterthought, Pushing for Playing Time".

This is already becoming a minor irritant with my interest this season. By the 4th week of spring, he needs to be cut and replaced with the sloppy seconds from some other, better team that has an actual roster and 40 man crunch. 

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I can see the headline now: "Sheets, Once a Camp Afterthought, Pushing for Playing Time".

This is already becoming a minor irritant with my interest this season. By the 4th week of spring, he needs to be cut and replaced with the sloppy seconds from some other, better team that has an actual roster and 40 man crunch. 

Obviously injuries could change this with as many old players as they signed, but I’m expecting like 5 guys pruned from the 40 man to make room for vetz at the end of spring training. He’ll be replaced by Pillar and Moustakas if they’re healthy.

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Obviously injuries could change this with as many old players as they signed, but I’m expecting like 5 guys pruned from the 40 man to make room for vetz at the end of spring training. He’ll be replaced by Pillar and Moustakas if they’re healthy.

If that happens I will have to try and not get banned for excessive swearing and downright vitriol. And yet, there is a chance, that it happens. 

Management: we're gonna move on from Sheets, he doesn't fit our new defense as a necessity ethos and he can't hit for s%*# either.

Also Management: We're gonna replace him with TWTW.