I love the White Sox team this year! I'm excited to be a fan of it.

vilehoopster

Why am I excited this year: 

Kenny is finally gone, thank you very much.

Jerry is starting to put together an exit strategy, which will prove to be for the White Sox fan what Charlemagne achieved for Western Civilization.

Churros at the ballpark.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Not expecting much. Just hope they are watchable for most of the summer. Pedro has got to go.

I'm willing to see if Pedro learned anything from last year. Most first time managers/coaches struggle to some extent. The team will such regardless so watching him will be interesting. 

20 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I'm willing to see if Pedro learned anything from last year. Most first time managers/coaches struggle to some extent. The team will such regardless so watching him will be interesting. 

He’s terrible.  The only reason he’s still around is because the Sox gave him a 3-year deal and didn’t want to eat 2 years of it.  

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

He’s terrible.  The only reason he’s still around is because the Sox gave him a 3-year deal and didn’t want to eat 2 years of it.  

You have one season of information on this and it was his first year. I know people have zero patience with sports now but believe it or not people can learn.

It would be different if they had an expectation to be good this year.

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

You have one season of information on this and it was his first year. I know people have zero patience with sports now but believe it or not people can learn.

It would be different if they had an expectation to be good this year.

He’s starting Sheets in RF again.  Unacceptable.  Even in a ST game, he’s showing he’s an absolute dipshit.  We already know Sheets can’t play RF.  It has been proven to everyone but GriFAIL.

Regarding your last statement, so just because your team sucks you should continue to employ a horseshit manager?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

He’s starting Sheets in RF again.  Even in a ST game, he’s showing he’s an absolute dipshit.

You have to work with what you have. I wonder how much Getz and the stats department controls the lineup like Hahn did last year.

You need to look at the totality of the dictionary not single examples. Assigning all the blame to a single person is a mistake many make today. I know everyone wants to find a single source of fault but it rarely is the truth.

Just now, ptatc said:

You have to work with what you have. I wonder how much Getz and the stats department controls the lineup like Hahn did last year.

You need to look at the totality of the dictionary not single examples. Assigning all the blame to a single person is a mistake many make today. I know everyone wants to find a single source of fault but it rarely is the truth.

I disagree with the bolded statement.  GriFAIL can be a terrible manager in his own right, regardless of any other factors, such as being given bad players by Getz, players not performing, etc.  He continues to kick himself in his own ass with his own poor decisions, such as Sheets playing the outfield.

17 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I disagree with the bolded statement.  GriFAIL can be a terrible manager in his own right, regardless of any other factors, such as being given bad players by Getz, players not performing, etc.  He continues to kick himself in his own ass with his own poor decisions, such as Sheets playing the outfield.

That's fine, you can blame a single person for the decision but I think you are wrong. Many trams are going to the GM and stats department to determine the lineup. Would not surprise me if the Sheets decision wasn't his. Youvprobably also think that all pitching decisions are made by the manager alone without regard to the FO and pitching coach.

But blame you you want.

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, ptatc said:

That's fine, you can blame a single person for the decision but I think you are wrong. Many trams are going to the GM and stats department to determine the lineup. Would not surprise me if the Sheets decision wasn't his. Youvprobably also think that all pitching decisions are made by the manager alone without regard to the FO and pitching coach.

But blame you you want.

This is simply guesswork by you.  Grifol makes the lineup.  He’s the manager.  He put Sheets in RF, as far as we know.  You have zero proof that anyone else told Grifol to start Sheets in RF today.

And even if what you say is true, then the situation is far worse.  We have a terrible stats department that still thinks Sheets can play RF, along with a bad manager that listens to their idiotic decisions.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

15 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

This is simply guesswork by you.  Grifol makes the lineup.  He’s the manager.  He put Sheets in RF, as far as we know.  You have zero proof that anyone else told Grifol to start Sheets in RF today.

And even if what you say is true, then the situation is far worse.  We have a terrible stats department that still thinks Sheets can play RF, along with a bad manager that listens to their idiotic decisions.

It's not guess work that the Sox ran it that way last year and most clubs are doing this. I don't have inside info that it is doing this. 

Looking at the isolated decision of a game in spring training is the definition of over analyzing.

The team will suck with Sheets in RF or not. That is not going to determine if they are a good team. You are focusing on the symptoms not the problem. If he starts out there its because they do not have a quality RF. Once they either have one or acquire one and they are ready to be good, he won't be there.

45 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It's not guess work that the Sox ran it that way last year and most clubs are doing this. I don't have inside info that it is doing this. 

Looking at the isolated decision of a game in spring training is the definition of over analyzing.

The team will suck with Sheets in RF or not. That is not going to determine if they are a good team. You are focusing on the symptoms not the problem. If he starts out there it’s because they do not have a quality RF. Once they either have one or acquire one and they are ready to be good, he won't be there.

There really still is next to zero reason Sheets should ever play RF with guys like Fletcher, Pillar, Colas, and DeLoach around.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

There really still is next to zero reason Sheets should ever play RF with guys like Fletcher, Pillar, Colas, and DeLoach around.

I think he has more power than all of them save Colas and we know he is not making the MLB roster.

This roster is sorely lacking power.

31 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I think he has more power than all of them save Colas and we know he is not making the MLB roster.

This roster is sorely lacking power.

Dude has a career line of .229/.290/.400/.690.  His .400 career SLG is not lineup worthy considering he can’t hit in general and plays the outfield with his glove on his head.  His supposed power doesn’t make up for how bad he is at literally everything else.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Dude has a career line of .229/.290/.400/.690.  His .400 career SLG is not lineup worthy considering he can’t hit in general and plays the outfield with his glove on his head.  His supposed power doesn’t make up for how bad he is at literally everything else.

Still need some of that in the lineup as it currently looks. He won't be there long to torture you. I would guess he is a part time starter until they deem Colas ready.

I highly doubt they expect much either. Just a place holder.

Just now, ptatc said:

Still need some of that in the lineup as it currently looks. He won't be there long to torture you. I would guess he is a part time starter until they deem Colas ready.

I highly doubt they expect much either. Just a place holder.

He can stick to DH against righties then.  It should primarily be Fletcher or Pillar in RF.  Sheets’ random homer once every 24 at bats isn’t worth all the negatives he brings.

21 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

He can stick to DH against righties then.  It should primarily be Fletcher or Pillar in RF.  Sheets’ random homer once every 24 at bats isn’t worth all the negatives he brings.

His offense isn't as good as Jimenez at DH. Although when Jimenez goes down with injury it's a possibility. 

Since he started a spring training game in RF, I have no doubt that the team will start him over those two all year.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ptatc said:

His offense isn't as good as Jimenez at DH. Although when Jimenez goes down with injury it's a possibility. 

Since he started a spring training game in RF, I have no doubt that the team will start him over those two all year.

Fletcher is the obvious choice to me.  He’s a lefty that showed he could play RF and hit in a small sample size last year.  My point was that we already know Sheets is terrible in the outfield so why continue with the charade?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

18 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Fletcher is the obvious choice to me.  He’s a lefty that showed he could play RF and hit in a small sample size last year.  My point was that we already know Sheets is terrible in the outfield so why continue with the charade?

No your point was that Grifol is a terrible manger because he started Sheets in RF in the second Spring training game of the year.

My point has been that this single event is not an indication of that for many reasons.

I still disagree but that's OK. 

Sheets is the new Leury.   Tony probably told Grifol to keep playing him there.

Meanwhile the only interest I have in this team is the soap operas.   I need to put myself in exile until all traces of Reinsdorf are gone.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

No your point was that Grifol is a terrible manger because he started Sheets in RF in the second Spring training game of the year.

My point has been that this single event is not an indication of that for many reasons.

I still disagree but that's OK. 

There have been a multitude of decisions that prove Grifol is a clueless manager, not just his decision to play Sheets in RF.  If his failed promises and outright lies aren’t bad enough for you, it’s obvious that we aren’t going to agree on this topic.  How you give a terrible owner, a terrible manager, and a terrible team the benefit of the doubt the majority of the time is amazing to me.  JR hires people that fall in line.  This has been obvious for years.  We have a new GM that was gifted the job and did not do enough for player development in his previous role to deserve the promotion.  We have a total of two good positional prospects.  Our GM wasted millions on dumpster diving for ex-Royals (another losing ball club) and other garbage players this offseason that won’t move the dial.  Why does anyone associated with the Sox right now deserve the benefit of any doubt?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

14 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Sheets is the new Leury.   Tony probably told Grifol to keep playing him there.

Meanwhile the only interest I have in this team is the soap operas.   I need to put myself in exile until all traces of Reinsdorf are gone.  

I almost forgot about Leury in the outfield.  The Sox have a long and treasured history of starting terrible bench players out of position.

14 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

There have been a multitude of decisions that prove Grifol is a clueless manager, not just his decision to play Sheets in RF.  If his failed promises and outright lies aren’t bad enough for you, it’s obvious that we aren’t going to agree on this topic.  How you give a terrible owner, a terrible manager, and a terrible team the benefit of the doubt the majority of the time is amazing to me.  JR hires people that fall in line.  This has been obvious for years.  We have a new GM that was gifted the job and did not do enough for player development in his previous role to deserve the promotion.  We have a total of two good positional prospects.  Our GM wasted millions on dumpster diving for ex-Royals (another losing ball club) and other garbage players this offseason that won’t move the dial.  Why does anyone associated with the Sox right now deserve the benefit of any doubt?

Because they are all new at the job and let's see what the results are.

Again, I realize most people here are very impatient and are automatically going to not like anything that happens.

I'm going to wait for the results and base my judgemental on that instead of going with the "well it's the White Sox so everything they do sucks."

Just because you disagree with it doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong. It very well could be but I'm willing to wait for the results before condemning everyone.