Is it too early to wish to start the Gatz watch?

How many years will Gatz last before being fired  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How many years will Gatz last before being fired

• One to two seasons as GM
    • Three to four seasons as GM
    • Four seasons plus

in 20 years White Sox owner, Mellody Hobson, will present Chris Getz the John Schuerholz Award, for excellence in the GM role. 

Melody, " I want to thank Chris for his dedication and hard work and the 7 World Series titles."

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

I am not really paying attention to this year. Terrible product and with Chris Getz in charge I have no hope for the future. I have never been more disillusioned as a fan. 

There are a lot of Sox fans including Nancy Faust who feel the exact same way as you do.

Extremely poor choice for GM.  Why would anyone in their right mind bring in a GM  from one of the worst franchises in baseball (KC).

I guess it is now a race to the worst team in baseball.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomas said:

Extremely poor choice for GM.  Why would anyone in their right mind bring in a GM  from one of the worst franchises in baseball (KC).

I guess it is now a race to the worst team in baseball.   

That's why they call him a "Doubting Tomas."

More good than bad so far imo. All you can do is grade him on his work and I think the team is better positioned than it was when he took over. What would someone like David Stearns or Alex Anthoupolos have done differently? Pulled Shohei Ohtani out of his hat? 

there have been a few head scratcher moves like Popeye and Mena but otherwise he seems fine. You can’t really make a proper judgement until we see what Thorpe, Iriarte and Zavala can do. I thought he could’ve gotten a better return similar to what Castillo netted the Reds but time will tell.