Sox now 1-7, on pace for 20-142 record

Just now, fathom said:

Missing their only offensive player with any star talent for two months is going to destroy this offense.  You say half the lineup can’t hit….thats what was expected with the awful additions.  Again, none of this is unexpected, but they lost the one player they couldn’t afford to lose.

True. I originally thought they may win 70ish games and now it’s probably in the 60s.  Both outcomes are bad.  I watched the least amount of baseball in my life last year and probably won’t watch much more this year.  It sucks… but 1) they aren’t going to win less than 40 games. 2) no one thought they’d be good.  

Anyone who thinks the team will play at a 1-7 clip the entire year has never watched baseball.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Quin said:

See, here's where I am.

Prior to part way through last year, I was the eternal optimist. Once KW and Hahn were fired I figured things might turn around, because JR only makes moves when embarrassed.

Then this fucker and then the water cooler jug replacement gang have been trying to gaslight us all off-season into believing that Getz isn't a screw up that yes-manned his way into a job and is actually a wunderkind assembling a beautiful roster. That this rebuild will be different.

Instead, this rebuild has the vision built on... David Eckstein and the early 2010s Royals. 

After hearing about how bad Yaz was and how awful he was for culture, I guess, Martin Maldonado being demonstrably worse is hilarious.

If they're gonna be bad, I'm gonna have fun watching Chris Getz and Pedro Grifol ensure that they never touch another MLB franchise again.

Getz has the most job security in the entire organization 

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

12 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

They are bad. I knew they’d be bad.  I’m not pouting and pretending that Jose Rodriguez is a future stud and that a 1-7 record is some newsworthy occurrence.  It’s a 162 game season and at least half the lineup can’t hit.  They’ll have stretches like this and they’ll luck into a few small winning streaks and end up where most everyone thought they’d end up.  

People on this site are claiming the team won’t win 40 games.  It’s a pathetic circle jerk of misery.

Is there someone in your parents basement with a gun to your head, forcing you to log onto Soxtalk? If there is, we can send help. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

What's the over / under date for Chuck Garfien to go full Howard Beale?

Nah, this is all still Moncada/Eloy/Colas' fault for not being part of the Clubhouse Culture ™️ that Chris Getz fixed. Cause Garfein has the gall to put out a podcast titled "how Chris Getz fixed the clubhouse" on March 22nd.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nardiwashere said:

True. I originally thought they may win 70ish games and now it’s probably in the 60s.  Both outcomes are bad.  I watched the least amount of baseball in my life last year and probably won’t watch much more this year.  It sucks… but 1) they aren’t going to win less than 40 games. 2) no one thought they’d be good.  

Anyone who thinks the team will play at a 1-7 clip the entire year has never watched baseball.

This team is bad enough and lacking in depth that they will fly past 100 losses.  The offense just can’t score, the bullpen is bad and the manager is clueless.  They will win more than 20….but 60 could be a challenge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Getz has the most job security in the entire organization 

Correct. It would take 4-5 years of this level of trash for Getz to be fired. After keeping Kenny and Rick for probably 10 years too long, and Getz being the one to replace them…he’s basically got the rest of the 2020’s or until Jerry goes…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Paper Bag 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Correct. It would take 4-5 years of this level of trash for Getz to be fired. After keeping Kenny and Rick for probably 10 years too long, and Getz being the one to replace them…he’s basically got the rest of the 2020’s or until Jerry goes…

Best way I heard someone say it is that he will be the last GM of the Sox at this stadium

5 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

This is the good critical Soxtalk discourse. I just hate the lazy low effort s%*# posts that a few folks repeatedly make.

What this translates to me is you think Jacob Gonzalez should be promoted to the majors to help this team avoid a 142 loss season

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

What this translates to me is you think Jacob Gonzalez should be promoted to the majors to help this team avoid a 142 loss season

If they draft a similar profile this year I'm going to make a whole lot of lazy low effort s%*# posts myself.

• Haha 1

You can’t keep making the “track record” references Grifol keeps saying after bringing in some of the worst players in baseball last year that were showing significant decline.  Benintendi is really the only one struggling that has a track record that shows he should be better than this.

Edited by fathom
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

If they draft a similar profile this year I'm going to make a whole lot of lazy low effort s%*# posts myself.

What about a Dominic Fletcher profile???

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Where does he say anything about enjoying this s%*# show? Many of us are/were informed enough to realize the team was going to be dreadful before the season actually started. It's playing out like many of us expected. We just don't feel the need to whine and complain about it like a petulant child ad nauseum every 10 minutes.

So then why come to this message board and read what you know will annoy you?

Did you think a Sox message board isn’t going to discuss how fucking shitty the current team is?

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, fathom said:

This team is bad enough and lacking in depth that they will fly past 100 losses.  The offense just can’t score, the bullpen is bad and the manager is clueless.  They will win more than 20….but 60 could be a challenge.

I honestly didn’t think it would be this bad.  I predicted a 62-100 record but it’s going to be worse now.  This is a historically bad offense, and the pitching staff is going to do an admirable job but eventually get worn out and stop caring because they have no run support to win a freaking game.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

They are bad. I knew they’d be bad.  I’m not pouting and pretending that Jose Rodriguez is a future stud and that a 1-7 record is some newsworthy occurrence.  It’s a 162 game season and at least half the lineup can’t hit.  They’ll have stretches like this and they’ll luck into a few small winning streaks and end up where most everyone thought they’d end up.  

People on this site are claiming the team won’t win 40 games.  It’s a pathetic circle jerk of misery.

I’d rather have kept Rodriguez.  It’s not the end of the world.  But yes, this team could lose 120 games based on the early trends.

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I’d rather have kept Rodriguez.  It’s not the end of the world.  But yes, this team could lose 120 games based on the early trends.

Ban bet o/u at 118 loses.  Take it or else you are just some cheerleader who loves Reinsdorf and Getz

• TLR 1

30 minutes ago, Tony said:

Is there someone in your parents basement with a gun to your head, forcing you to log onto Soxtalk? If there is, we can send help. 

All of Sox online chat gets overrun by people who don't want any positive talk about the Sox. Twitter, SoxMachine, here, there's always trolls who have to ask if a comment is a joke, or to just accuse people who aren't even being positive, just acknowledging reality of working for the White Sox. 

Yes, this team is exhausting right now. There are no good options. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Nardiwashere said:

Ban bet o/u at 118 loses.  Take it or else you are just some cheerleader who loves Reinsdorf and Getz

Haha, I love how you are trying to make a bet about failure or epic failure.  Are you for real?  Are you white knighting Jerry and Getz because you are in their family?

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Haha, I love how you are trying to make a bet about failure or epic failure.  Are you for real?  Are you white knighting Jerry and Getz because you are in their family?

Yup.  I'm Jerry's nephew.  You can tell because I'm so positive and saying stuff like they will win 60-something games.

If you don't take my bet, you love my uncle.

• Like 1