Sox now 1-7, on pace for 20-142 record

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

Lip is now one of the biggest contributors to this board. Year's ago, a lot of us left WSI to get away from the Lip's of the world. The change to b**** culture on this board is to be expected. I was hoping they would stay away from the Future board, but now Caulfield's creepy ass is spending hours nutting in his own face over the Orioles AAA team. 

F-$@ you...you act like we are supposed to worship Sox minor leaguers unconditionally.

They haven't come close to earning that privilege.

Last year, didn't we also have the worst combined minor league winning percentage in baseball???

Well, Charlotte has the same exact record as the major league team right now.

Getz is a joke.  So are the White Sox, to the rest of MLB.  We're just a complete and total punch line right now...the new feeder team for the rest of MLB.  It might be even more embarrassing than the A's situation if Crochet also gets injured again this year out of a desire to impress the fans like they tried to pull with Liam Hendriks last year.

We're not even as competitive as those old Washington Generals teams that lost to the Globetrotters every night.

Please stop your obsession.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 3
  • TLR 1

10 hours ago, Tony said:

Yeah, Sox fans really should just accept being one of the worst franchises in sports, smile, bend over and just enjoy the dissent into total embarrassment of a 100+ year franchise. 

Bunch of pansies, I tell ya

Accept it?  Nah.  Spend a bunch of energy, time, and money on the inevitable?  Also, nah.

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

F-$@ you...you act like we are supposed to worship Sox minor leaguers unconditionally.

Last year, didn't we also have the worst combined minor league winning percentage in baseball???

Getz is a joke.  So are the White Sox, to the rest of MLB.  We're just a complete and total punch line right now...the new feeder team for the rest of MLB.  It might be even more embarrassing than the A's situation if Crochet also gets injured again this year out of a desire to impress the fans like they tried to pull with Liam Hendriks last year.

We're not even as competitive as those old Washington Generals teams that lost to the Globetrotters every night.

He’s an internet tough guy who rarely has any  baseball content in his posts. He probably works in a mail room thinking he should be CEO. He comes here to critique posts. 

How dare any Sox fan come to a Sox message board and complain  just because a team has won 62 of its last 170 games in what was promised to be a championship window.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He’s an internet tough guy who rarely has any  baseball content in his posts. He probably works in a mail room thinking he should be CEO. He comes here to critique posts. 

How dare any Sox fan come to a Sox message board and complain  just because a team has won 62 of its last 170 games in what was promised to be a championship window.

This whole thing of fighting what are supposed to be all Sox fans and the "tone" of posting is getting tire some.

It's reminiscent of WSI when everyone was mandated to post in a certain way of face being declared ersona non grata.

Well...that's exactly how THAT board ended up condemning itself to the scrap heap of history, when the team's performance could no longer realistically sustain or justify such fan boy group think adoration of team/front office/coaches/minor league system/prospects, etc.

At least SoxTalk retain a sense of relative objectivity.

The moderators are certainly not trying to stem the current tide of discontent.

Not even Southsider2k5 has the energy to continue blaming Sox fans for not supporting this ownership group for its string  of poor attendance numbers for so many losing teams since 2012.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Just a head's up, offices no longer have mailrooms. It's 2024. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

If you guys could keep the incessant whining out of the Future Sox board, that would be great. Last night's thread was ruined on what was a good night for a lot of our prospects. 

12 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Is this a real post?  So what do you enjoy about this shitshow, and what should everyone else enjoy to match such a great Sox fan as yourself?  And what do you think the Sox final record will be, since it has only been one week?

Also, it’s a message board so fans can, theoretically, write their thoughts about the team.

If fans are supposed to be happy and positive, please point to the ray of sunshine the Sox fans can cling to.

• Like 1

The starting pitching has been good and the defense has been better than prior years. That's about where the positivity ends.

Edit: oh, and maybe Moncada actually plays himself as a trade chip to a contender.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

41 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Weird, I work for a Fortune 500 company and we still have a mailroom at our headquarters 🤷‍♂️

According to me, mailroom employees are down 94%* over the last 10 years. 

*source: CEO who worked their way up from the mailroom

Since 2013, our beloved Chicago White Sox have had exactly one full season where the team was above .500--2021. I'm not counting the pandemic year as a real season, none of us were able to enjoy it in person anyway. Let that soak in. 10 years. 2024 will be 11. One. Fucking. Season. And our competition is Detroit, Cleveland, Minnesota and Kansas City. Gag me. So utterly pathetic. I'm going to list the record below so we can all be reminded of how disgusting this organization has been run:

2013: 63-99

2014: 73-89

2015: 76-86

2016: 78-84

2017: 67-95

2018: 62-100

2019: 72-89

2020: 35-25

2021: 93-69

2022: 81-81

2023: 61-101

And 2024 we are starting at 1-9. Probably will be the worst season out of that list. Reinsdorf, it's time to hang it up. You are well past your prime.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

24 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

Since 2013, our beloved Chicago White Sox have had exactly one full season where the team was above .500--2021. I'm not counting the pandemic year as a real season, none of us were able to enjoy it in person anyway. Let that soak in. 10 years. 2024 will be 11. One. Fucking. Season. And our competition is Detroit, Cleveland, Minnesota and Kansas City. Gag me. So utterly pathetic. I'm going to list the record below so we can all be reminded of how disgusting this organization has been run:

And 2024 we are starting at 1-9. Probably will be the worst season out of that list. Reinsdorf, it's time to hang it up. You are well past your prime.

I am guessing that you’re talking about JR’s prime in terms of spending money?  I don’t care if our owner is 110 as long as they are willing to give the team some semblance of resources.  I still haven’t found much of a reason to make some of the signings we did, rather than spend less and give innings to guys who will actually be here.  That was also surprising.

17 minutes ago, tjp1684 said:

I am guessing that you’re talking about JR’s prime in terms of spending money?  I don’t care if our owner is 110 as long as they are willing to give the team some semblance of resources.  I still haven’t found much of a reason to make some of the signings we did, rather than spend less and give innings to guys who will actually be here.  That was also surprising.

Prime in terms of putting a winning  product on the field. The 94-08 Sox and 90s Bulls are long gone. There has been nearly zero winning since. That is what I mean by he's long past his prime.

15 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

I missed part of this. After the Tatis trade, you took it upon yourself to rub it in our faces for multiple years and actively become a Padres fan. I don't think there's a poster on the board who doesn't acknowledge that the Sox are a trash franchise that's run as poorly as any franchise in the history of sports.  Reminding everyone while you fellate the Padres and Tatis is just an asshole move. Now you're trying to do the same with the Orioles system and the Cease trade. It's just pathetic.

Lip openly rooted against the Sox in 05. He's just a miserable dude and Sox fans already have to endure enough misery just by following the team.

I actually love Fathom as a poster, but sometimes he really needs to read the room.

5 hours ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

He's not selling so we have to make the best of the situation, bide our time and hope for new ownership. 

• Paper Bag 1

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

I missed part of this. After the Tatis trade, you took it upon yourself to rub it in our faces for multiple years and actively become a Padres fan. I don't think there's a poster on the board who doesn't acknowledge that the Sox are a trash franchise that's run as poorly as any franchise in the history of sports.  Reminding everyone while you fellate the Padres and Tatis is just an asshole move. Now you're trying to do the same with the Orioles system and the Cease trade. It's just pathetic.

Lip openly rooted against the Sox in 05. He's just a miserable dude and Sox fans already have to endure enough misery just by following the team.

I actually love Fathom as a poster, but sometimes he really needs to read the room.

Actually Taylor I'm very happy. My wife and I paid off our house in June, in February I was elected to the Idaho State Athletic Hall of Fame given the Lifetime Achievement Award, I've had a long and rewarding career in the sports media particularly in TV and radio and my wife has a very good position at Virginia Transformer here in town.

But please feel free to think what you will. 🙂

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

Au contraire.

#5 Orioles (previously: 3). "An early warning sign for the Orioles’ vaunted young offense? They are currently ranked 29th in on-base percentage, ahead of only the White Sox. It’s in large part the young infielders off to slow starts: Jordan Westburg and Gunnar Henderson are a combined 13-for-65 so far. Just out of curiosity, let’s check and see how Jackson Holliday is doing down in Triple-A Norfolk … oh, look, he’s got a .490 OBP down there, how about that?"

mlb.com

6 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

Perhaps you are the one that needs to read the room.  You are actually spending more time remembering what some posters on a message board said and being mad at these posters rather than at the pathetic organization that is currently one of the biggest jokes of the MLB.  Get some thicker skin and focus your critique appropriately.